Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Static Object Invisible???, Some Help Needed!!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello

This problem is a little strange but the solution may be rather simple, I hope.

I am in the process of redoing the multi-part game creation (FPS) tutorial. I wanted to load a couple of "Static Objects" (various idle.x files) from the static object media sub-directory to serve as targets for the math collision example. Now after I load them in using the "Load Object" command I can "NOT" see them. However when I load the same "idle.x" file from the animated (I think thats the name I'm not at home now to check) subdirectory I can see them.

In addition I made an ".x" file (again static) in a modeling program and loaded it into the same dba file and I couldn't see that either. The funny thing is when I just open a very simple dba file with just the "load object" command only, I can see the object I made. However when I add other items (matrix, animated objects and db code made objects) it again can't be seen.

Okay folks does everything have to have some loop-a-ble motion to be seen???

DarrylKev
TGWDNGHN
Years of Service
User Offline
Is the camera inside the static object? if you don't set it up so you can see the inside then it appears invisable... and no ALL objects can be seen...one more thing, sometimes when loaded the objects a freaking tiny...you m,ight want to scale them

If life gives you a lemon, shove it up a water gun and squirt it into someone's eyes!
DarrylKev
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello TGWDNGHN

Please would you mind reading this part again!!!

***************From Previous Post*************************
I wanted to load a couple of "Static Objects" (various idle.x files) from the static object "MEDIA" sub-directory in DarkBasic (Not Pro, hopefully that doesn't matter ) to serve as targets for the math collision example. Now after I load them in using the "Load Object" command I can "NOT" see them. However when I load the same "idle.x" file from the animated (I think thats the name I'm not at home now to check) subdirectory I can see them.

So my question. You have said there shouldn't be a difference in using the LOAD OBJECT command with a "active" movable .x file and a static .x file. SO IS THERE SOMETHING ELSE GOING ON HERE

Thanks for any and all Assistance, I can get!!!

DarrylKev

QuothTheRaven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2002 03:11
I have also experienced the small object problem, it is often neccessary to scale them by factors of 5000 to get them to a good size.
DarrylKev
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello Group

Okay I should have taken the hint from TGWDNGHN
(sometimes I miss obvious clues). It was scaling after all. Mine you having to scale something up about 5000% seems to imply a heck of a performance hit to a game, I guess if will just have to do.

But I wonder what I did wrong in the graphics program to produce such a small figure, when in the graphics program it looked bigger than that.

Oh well, back to the tutorials

DarrylKev

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 16:39:39
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 16:39:39