Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Please add your support.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
We are hoping to attract the attention of a magazine publisher to launch and support the UK’s first glossy (and hopefully rather funky) retro gaming magazine. Despite the fact that most UK gamers were weaned on classic games from the 1980s and early 1990s, most magazines today seem content to focus on the next big thing and forget the many hundreds of classic games that have been made over the last 30 years. Our magazine (Retroid is thankfully only a working title) hopes to redress that balance and will focus on (as well as other things) emulation, remakes, new retro-style games, the collecting and trading of vintage games and systems, and, of course, a fat dollop of gaming nostalgia. We even hope to bring back something similar to program listings that you may remember from magazines like Sinclair User (although to help people using DarkBasic, Blitz & DIV, rather than Sinclair Basic.)

The problem is that without some idea of how many people would be interested in buying such a magazine, no publisher will be willing to put money behind it. That is why we have set up a short questionnaire, which we hope retro fans will be willing to take the time to answer. It should take no more than a couple of minutes to complete.

http://www.AdvancedSurvey.com/default.asp?SurveyID=3093

PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD. IF YOU LIKE THE IDEA BEHIND THE MAGAZINE, PLEASE MAKE SURE MORE PEOPLE VISIT AND COMPLETE SURVEY

Any worries or questions, don't hesitate to contact

retroid@btopenworld.com

Thanks
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2002 00:57
All I'm gonna say is get yourself a subscription to PCGamerUK

Anata aru kowagaru no watashi!
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2002 01:56
I've often thought this would be a good idea, but there are already loads of books that cover the history of video games, and obviously there's only sooo much time you can spend talking about the past before you reach the present. It would be awful 10-20 issues down the line to be scrapping the barrel for interesting articles or reviews, reviewing every single generic identical 16-bit platformer etc.

If this did ever come into fruition tho, I would certainly buy the first few issues at least, for a cool nostalgia trip, and to hear other people's opinions on classic games.

I'll fill in your thingy btw

* If the apocalypse comes, email me *

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 23:29:48
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 23:29:48