Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / level help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi i am making a level for a game but it takes too long and i was wandering if there is any programs apart from cartography shop that can do that and if there is can u list then and web address to get it off.
TGWDNGHN
Years of Service
User Offline
MAGIC WORL is so much better and so easy to use conpared to MatEDIT, you can get it at the DB showcase!

If life gives you a lemon, shove it up a water gun and squirt it into someone's eyes!
QuothTheRaven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2002 02:31
and now with all new program, Terrain Tools!
cloud
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks but is it like levelmaker3d because i'm not that good at that program.

cloud
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2002 22:31
MatEdit and Magic world are for making outdoor terrains, not indoor terrains. MATEDIT is best. It has all of the options of Magic World plus many, many more. It also writes the code for you in DB. If you need an outdoor matrix edito go with MatEdit (www.matedit.com)

Current - RPG: Eternal Destiny : Help Wanted!
Upcoming- MMOFPS- Paintball Game: HELP WANTED!
Http://halbrosproductions.netfirms.com
Necrym
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2002 01:27
If your going to make BSP levels use somthing like QUARK or worldcraft. Or u can use a 3dmax type program and export to x format.

Watch the bouncing cursor - now in 3d
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2002 02:29
I'll be releasing a version of Qoole Worlds, which is an update of Qoole '99 alot of the math is fixxed and will be specially setup for UV Worlds format.
Shoulds solve alot of people problems, please keep eagerly checking the forum over the next week

Anata aru kowagaru no watashi!
cloud
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks but i am make more indoor games and i need a program sutable for that and magic world has a few problems because when u make a hill and load it into darkbasic and put get ground height in it, it doesn't work properly because u go up into the air when their is no hill and u go frew the hill when u go to climb up it and in magic world when u make objects for walls they stick together which makes it hard to make indoor levels.

cloud
TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2002 05:45
Cloud:

What you describe with regards to get ground height usually happens when the matrix position has been moved.

Try using Position Matrix 0,0,0 and your get ground height commands should work fine.

If you need your matrix to be at a position other than 0,0,0, then you have to compensate for the offset from 0,0,0 in your get ground height command.

TDK
cloud
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks and i was wandering which is stated above do u know any program that makes indoor levels.

cloud
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2002 21:50
Dum dum dummmm, Cartography shop pops into mind.

RPGamer

Current - RPG: Eternal Destiny : Help Wanted!
Upcoming- MMOFPS- Paintball Game: HELP WANTED!
Http://halbrosproductions.netfirms.com
cloud
Years of Service
User Offline
well i thought about it but the collision doesn't work properly on the old versoin and when i mentioned that problem to the person who made it he didn't reply seems abit subspicus doesn't it.

cloud

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 05:30:52
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 05:30:52