Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / RT-CH (ratcatcher)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
well after getting my lightwave scene exporter working nicely I thought it was about time I started a game. After numerous days of getting stuff sorted, a plot and a few sketches heres my first WIP model. Its the first bot you get, The idea is you get better bots, weapons, software as you explore the shattered realm. You start killing rats then the plot will kick in. The rat section will also be the tutorial.

http://www.geocities.com/greggreen_98/bot

model is currently 304 polys but Ive got to run it through quemloss2 yet. Really peals off the polys on cylinders.
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2002 08:24
very very poor quality picture... very hard to tell a great deal from it - but it kinda reminds me of CCTV camera's they have in animé

Anata aru kowagaru no watashi!
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2002 10:46
Yeah, tell us more about it . It looks almost like a mini sentry gun, like in the movie Aliens and the game Half-Life, like a camera with a little gun underneath.

From what I can make out, it looks like a nice neat model, although I hate seeing untextured stuff, it's like inviting people to your new house for a party, without decorating it first.

Van-B
pathfinder
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks, oh Iam texturing it . Should be monday, gonna have a lot of fun animating it to. Getting a floating effect, and have the lens focus just before it fires. Cant stand still models . Want to play a bit with the gun too, at first I liked it now its too square

Well I was going to post the plot and stuff in the beta section around chistmas, but I guess I can explain the characters involvement in the plot and a little background.

An alloverseeing City Computer ordered the immediate evacuation of the city (got to name it lol), due to an impending meteor strike. Certain parties took advantage of the situation and decided that they wanted the city for themselves. When people tried to re-enter the city they were met with agressive force.

the RT-CH that you control is one of a range of units placed within the city in case of hostile human events. Hiding low, they await to be actived by govenment forces. Its latest AI and modification abilites allow it to blend in till needed.

The unit is able to upgrade its self by salvaging robotic parts, weapons, and software. Its goal is to monitor and disrupt the enemy. Other orders given depend on the status of the bot. the tougher you get the more ... interesting the misson. Certain weapons give you more chance of recovering a full robotic hull which you invade and take control of. In return for this ability those weapons do less damage (risky). The general idea is if you want to play spy (spy missions), you take over survalliance drones. If you want to blow stuff up go for the combat models.

pathfinder
Years of Service
User Offline
lol now I dont like the gun mount either, bah I really liked it yesterday

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2002 13:48
For your idea, I imagining a Star Wars sabre training drone, or the torture drone from 'A New Beginning', know what I mean?. Like a floating sphere with swiss army knife style gadgets and a nice big gun. Sounds intruiging though, certainly different. Imagine stumbling across a dozen citizens rioting, and you just float above them dropping tear gas and firing warning shots. Maybe that could be an extra objective, you have force, but you should only use it when necessary. For example, you could scare the citizens into surrendering, then you send a signal to HQ and they send some coppers to arrest them.

Van-B
pathfinder
Years of Service
User Offline
funnly enough another addition to the plot, that I was considering is allowing you to drift to a partcular sides as you play. But it would take loads of extra coding. It would be wonderful to implement 3 styles of play. Pro government, Pro City Computer, Self. Have them go up and down due to your actions. Think I had better bolt down further, the main game concept other wise iam gonna fly off at a tangent. Wind up with lots of great ideas and no game

pathfinder
Years of Service
User Offline
bah now I cant find my deep paint 3d box . I thought I would not lose the bigger boxes, it seems Iam a Master at losing things . Well braving under the bed and the spare room tonight, wish me luck

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 13:28:27
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 13:28:27