Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / C&C Generals & GeForce FX

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2002 00:32
lol

"Never argue with an Idiot, they will always bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience."
-- Rogue
Simple
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2002 13:52
Kentaree >> I'm not a religious man, but if I was, I would quite the Bible.

*Do unto those, which they to unto you*

Basically... what go's aroung, comes aroung.

I'm quite happy to stay out of any topics he may start, as long as he sends me a message stating that he will show the same courtesy to any I may start.

If he can do this one thing.... then I'm sure we will NOT lock horns anymore.

"Simple" as that !!

Spec - AMD Athlon 1000mhz - 256mb DDR - Gforce2mx 400 TV out - 30gb HD - 19" Compaq - DVD rom - CDRW - Firewire - ATI TV card - All linked to another PC with higher spec
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2002 15:31
We're not EA Pacific, we're still Westwood Studios, Irvine - it is getting extremely annoying because we're getting constantly confused with the Westwood Studio's about 60miles north WHICH has gone through a name change, and Westwood Studios, Las Vagas which is now known as Westwood Cinematic ... C&C Generals is the final C&C to be developed HERE, due to that EA's stakes in the company were upped.

Yes within source code you've seen me write Robert Lettan, because I WROTE THE BLOODY THING and I can copyright things to this name just as from January 1st i can start copywriting work to the RavenVegeta, however this doesn't mean that Robert is my FIRST NAME ... i'm not going to say my first name because, why would i want not to use it just to go and blurt it out to everyone eh?

its a common practise atleast from home, that usually everyone has a First Name say Timothey, a second Name Jacob and a last name say Smith ...
This real name is Timothey Jacob Smith, however say you don't like being called Tim or whatever and prefered Jacob, you'd call yourself Jacob Smith - drop the Timothey because you don't like it.

However when you apply for jobs you MUST use your given name and oftenly in credits for games your middle name is either not present of just cut off.
But again... I have two Surnames which is also not uncommon for divorsee kids - and I use the surname I prefer, however for legal reasons when I apply for jobs I must sign my surname from birth

I'm not quite sure what was so hard to understand the first time around ... this is beside the point - i've kinda had enough of Simple's accuastions and crap he is bringing up so i've sent Rich an email asking for this thread to be deleted as well as the current others I've created involving comments about what I do for a living and I'm not gonna comment on it again. Because quite frankly it is senseless what ya'll are making of what I do - I don't think I should have to explain myself to anyone here to provide proof on demand.
Sick and tired of having to constantly explain things which should be quite obvious.

Anata aru kowagaru no watashi!
empty
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2002 17:19
"However when you apply for jobs you MUST use your given name and oftenly in credits for games your middle name is either not present of just cut off."

Erm, no. The name in the game's credits can be anything you choose (pseudonym). So I wonder why you don't choose your prefered name.

"We're not EA Pacific, we're still Westwood Studios, Irvine - it is getting extremely annoying because we're getting constantly confused with the Westwood Studio's about 60miles north WHICH has gone through a name change, and Westwood Studios, Las Vagas which is now known as Westwood Cinematic ... C&C Generals is the final C&C to be developed HERE, due to that EA's stakes in the company were upped."

This reads different:
http://www.ea.com/eagames/official/cc_generals/developer/home.jsp

Ogres have layers.
actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2002 17:25
-Erm, no. The name in the game's credits can be anything you choose (pseudonym).

I don't want to get involved...or further??But this is true.

I remember seing all kinds in the credits...Just look at Shogo...Also in the first Megaman's ending(yes my memory is that good )I remember seeing something like Yachichi's papa in the credits.

Just remember that you're standing on a planet that's evolving
And revolving at nine hundred miles an hour!
empty
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2002 17:37
"I don't think I should have to explain myself to anyone here to provide proof on demand."

I totally agree on that- if you had occasionally mentioned it somewhere. But you started this thread. I haven't even noticed that you claim to work on Generals before this thread.
But there are many indications (the screenshots you posted, the urls I posted, emails, etc) that you are not part of the dev-team. If you can give any proof that you're statements are right, I will not hesitate to apologise.

Ogres have layers.
rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2002 19:11
Ok ok, cut it out.
First off, IF he really is on the devteam, he wouldn't be at liberty to say anything specific about it would he?
IF he isn't on the devteam, he isn't harming anyone in anyway, and I doubt anyone would waste time and money taking legal action on something so petty.

I'm not saying I believe him without a doubt, but I have faith in him... Although I trust far to much I admit that.

and If he IS on the devteam... your just jealous

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Kousen Dev Progress >> Currently Working On Editors
Moggie100
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2002 15:18
I started reading this thinking 'WOW nice game' but after reading all 56 replies to it after the first 11 I find that the posts go WAYYYY off topic, consisting of accusations, threats, legalities, etc.

To RavenVegeta: Ace looking game!

To Simple: just drop it ok, or at least keep it to 1 post if u have to!

Suggestions:
- Submit this post to a TV company to make a rubbish soap-opera type TV show.

- Get back to the point!

- "Do to others as you would wish them to do to you." ie: respect other people peeps!

- Move this post should to 'genral' due to the overwhelming majority of off-topic replies.

The only reason I mention this is because I have seen many forums get swamped with stuff like this before and they completely lose the point of a forum - to exchange info on a topic - and become a flame war battlezone. DBPro & DB forums should be kept to the creation and the helping of creation of games.

Personaly, I cant beleive I've just wasted 10 minuits of my life looking through a flame war for any posts that actually have a point.

Yours Programmingly
Mog.

PS. GET BACK TO THE POINT!

Life is like a hot bath, the longer you're in it, the more wrinkles you get.
Simple
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2002 15:26
Moggie100 >>

Yuo may have read this topic ....... But you don't know half of the story.

-*Personaly, I cant beleive I've just wasted 10 minuits of my life looking through a flame war for any posts that actually have a point.*

yeah !! and you joined in too !!

Spec - AMD Athlon 1000mhz - 256mb DDR - Gforce2mx 400 TV out - 30gb HD - 19" Compaq - DVD rom - CDRW - Firewire - ATI TV card - All linked to another PC with higher spec
Moggie100
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2002 15:31
I'm not ususally like this but things like this just get on my nerves, [b]BIG TIME![/]

Life is like a hot bath, the longer you're in it, the more wrinkles you get.
empty
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2002 16:49
"GET BACK TO THE POINT!"

And the point would be what?

Ogres have layers.
Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2002 16:59
lol. I've thought this was over... But it always has to come someone more to put fire or salt in the thing... isn't it?

"Never argue with an Idiot, they will always bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience."
-- Rogue
rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2002 18:26
Welll simple, instead of continuing on about everything, why don't you tell us the half of it hmm?

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2002 18:27
and Raven: That's pretty funny, at the NV30 product launch, we were told the tech was already in place

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Kentaree
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2002 19:21
Simple >> Another quote from the Bible, a more recent one:
"Turn the other cheek". One of you is going to have to stop. Why cant you try to stop first. Vegeta told me that he has no problem not posting in any of yor threads, and I cant remember any thread that you started in this forum, that Vegeta started flaming in. And I have definitely not seen any thread in which he calls you a fraud, and saying you stole somebody else's work! Also, Vegeta's asked you a few times to stop flaming him in a few threads (note: Sharpening Skills in 3d forum) and you continue. So I'm just wondering, is it a desire to correct Vegeta, and help him develop his skills (not the case in this thread anyway), or to try and ruin his reputation and while your at it vent some of your personal loathing thru aswell? Now dont get me wrong, I dont want to start a flame war between you and me, but I do seriously wonder.

Whatever I did I didn't do it!
Simple
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2002 00:08
Well … In his “Chameleon” thread, I didn’t flame him (the flame turned out to be with everyone else).

I gave my professional opinion… and when vegeta did reply, it was quite civil and NOT sarcastic. Hence that thread ended without a flame between him and me.

As for the “Sharpening Skills” thread… I commented on his model… and he came out with a sarcastic remark. Then that one just went on from there.

The “Forum Refugees” thread, started by vegeta was just him starting an outright flame war between here, and the RGT’s forum.

The “Give us a break” thread, started by “Mirthin” I was NOTHING to do with me until Vegeta posted >> (hey someone get Simple in here… lets see how many flame baits we can get) so that speaks for itself.

As for the thread I started recently… (VSD Tracker Gui) vegeta just posted in that thread to try and wind me up. The only reason it my opinion, that it didn’t turn into flame bait was because it’s a joint effort between Van-B and myself. And vegeta and Van-b have no history.

Now, after all of the other flame bait threads… I thought vegeta would have had the sense to agree with what I said about staying out of each others topic….. BUT he didn’t, hence I posted in his ( C&C Generals ) topic.

My first post in that topic is a very valid question in my opinion. But vegeta side steps the question and comes back with an accusation of accusations.

Then it just goes on from there.

So you see… before some of you just jump in and start feeding the flames, try getting your facts right before you try and pass all the blame on to one person.

It takes more than one person to make a flame war. Some were started by vegeta, some were started by me… and some started by you lot, which vegeta and me just got involved in.

And “rapscallion”… I’ll be answering your e-email shortly. And threats are NOT a good way to get me to reason with the demands of others.

And Like I’ve said on more than one occasion >> IF, vegeta agrees with me, and we don’t post in any thread either of us start…. Well !

But I want to here it from him ( and NOT one of his cronies, like I just have done )

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2002 00:19
i think i have the right to decline certain questions if i do not wish to answer them ... no matter the reason, if i choose to disclose then i will.

As for chronies, everyone here acts under thier own will not mine. Personally kinda get piss'd when people speak for me because i'm quite capable of it on my own, as ya'll well know!

So now all please drop this and once this post is delete bring it up no further ... any futher questions on this subject or anything else personal to myself will not be answered.
As noted some questions I won't answer, and some I CAN'T answer. Make of that what you wish but this will end here.

I MEAN EVERYONE NOT JUST SIMPLE!

Anata aru kowagaru no watashi!
rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2002 00:31
um sorry Raven, but I must reply:
Simple, you may have just explained away most of the problematic posts, but in the end you helped instigate it, and you encouraged it. If indeed Raven Vegeta is part of the dev team, it would be logical to side-step the question, because he is obviously under NDA, and cannont go answer your question.

I am not blaming you, I am just saying, if there is a personal grudge or something like that from another forum, it doesn't belong here.

Obiously you didn't read my email, because I stated that it wasn't a threat, I am jsut trying to make you see my side of things. If you took it as a threat, I am sorry, I didn't mean it that way, I am not the greatest at communicating my thoughts.

It's sad that two (I'm assuming) grown men argue like this, and have to stay away from each others posts.

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Simple
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2002 02:52
Well, I don't believe it !!

For once I actually agree with vegeta ..... IT SHOULD END HERE.

If I have any views on anything vegeta posts on this forum, I'll just keep them to myself. ( I take it you will show me the same Courtesy ) ?? as this seems to be the ONLY solution.

rapscaLLion >> I won't bother replting to your e-mail, and quoting the threats made within it.... whether intentional or not.

I can see from your last post here, that your communication skills are lacking.

quote:
-*Obviously you didn't read my email*- ( yes I did )

-*because I stated that it wasn't a threat*- ( funny how people say that after threatening someone )

-*I am just trying to MAKE you see my side of things*- ( remarks like that is what helps feed the flames )

-*It's sad that two (I'm assuming) grown men argue like this, and have to stay away from each others posts-*

( Yes, it is ... I agree 100% )

But our differences of opinion differ too much, and one of us don't like being wrong .... if not both.

Enough said... I'll be steering clear of any vegeta posts.... lets just see if he does the same, because I’ll be starting another topic soon ( which I’m sure he will have views on )

rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2002 06:40
"I won't bother replting to your e-mail, and quoting the threats made within it.... whether intentional or not.

I can see from your last post here, that your communication skills are lacking."

First: in your post above, you said you would refrain from quoting, the threats. I did not post any threats, I simply stated that this cannot continue, something else will have to be done if you can't come to an agreement.

Second: As I admitted in my email, my communication skills are terrible, although I didn't use those words. I did not inted to offend in any way, or threaten as a matter of fact. I agree it should end, but I am stubborn, and have it in my head that I should have the last word. I apoligise for my misconduct, to simple and Raven, at the time, I thought I was doing the right thing. Obviously not. I will no longer view this thread, for my own good as well as others, and although I prefer it be deleted, it's probably better it stays. I have no wish to start a fight with anyone.

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Simple
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2002 12:44

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2002 13:12
"."+chr$(13)+chr$(10)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 04:28:43
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 04:28:43