Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Sonic on GC =)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2002 18:30
http://www.videogames.com/features/universal/sfhistory/char_sheng_long.html

Here is a link about the Sheng Long Fraud. He actually does, have an story line thoug... But Street Fighter were such a big game that peoples starts to make up stories all the way
Actually Akuma/Gouki looks like a lot of the fake Sheng Long So looks like Capcom liked the idea and made a secret caracter on SF2X/Turbo, which did exactly as the fraud... beat M.Bison / Vega ( why they change the names on US and JP releases ? It's annoying to type it... lol ) with a single hit, later called Raging Demon Made with light punch, light punch, foward, light kick

I've heard so many lies when fighting games were on the top. As the fantastic King of Fighters' 95 from NeoGeo/SNK where should be supposed possible to play with the American team from KoF 94.

I don't trust much in Magazines and Internet after Sheng Long and Blair Witch Project ( that was terrifieng, making as that was not a movie, but a documentary ) and magazines pressing us to believe As the popular X-Files... I WANT BELIEVE

"Never argue with an Idiot, they will always bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience."
-- Rogue
actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2002 18:32
Check back I came to the same conclusions...

Well when it comes to a virtual game character,I don't mind believing anything.

Just remember that you're standing on a planet that's evolving
And revolving at nine hundred miles an hour!
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2002 19:13
Shots can always be modifyed =)

[b]Digital Awakening
Game in developement: 3D RPG - The Magic Land
Visit DigAw.com for more info and shots
Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2002 20:00
I will soon have my server up and running actarus, I can see u like old games ( not many dudes uses Atari logos, by the way... I loved Enduro and Hero on Atari ), so maybe we can play there sometimes... Dungeons and Dragons also from Capcom to Arcades rocked

Yeah, shots can also be modified... A long time ago I was used to read GamePro magazine and they have a section in the magazine where they changed some screen shots from games and make like "The game of seven errors"... Really well done job...

Oh yeah... does anyone knows how to make shots from the screen? I mean... even on Atari's time there were some magazines with relativily good snapshots :S I still don't know how they did...

"Never argue with an Idiot, they will always bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience."
-- Rogue
actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2002 20:06
-I loved Enduro and Hero on Atari

Hero rocked...I played that game for hours and years.

I'd been thinking about a remake in DB...

Just remember that you're standing on a planet that's evolving
And revolving at nine hundred miles an hour!
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2002 00:19
SNES Pads were cooler than MD put wouldn't fit in the NES Street Fighter was better on SNES, MK was better on MD

* If the apocalypse comes, email me *
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2002 00:24
The reason the M Bison, Vega, & Balrog names were changed was because Capcom thought M Bison might be compared to Mike Tyson and they would get sued. So they swapped the names so he wouldn't be a boxer.

As far as I am aware Sheng Long IS just a rumor, but some people pretend they have done it to pretend they are better than they are. I mean no hits OR blocking on the hardest arcade setting must be damned near immpossible (?)

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2002 00:27
Oh and most console games mags have digital capture interceptors for their macs, there are plenty available at a price. You CAN take a decentish photo of a tv screen, with all lights off and no flash, or you can obviously capture the screen in most emulators, or all WinXP based ones

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 16:46:36
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 16:46:36