Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Jetpack Demo

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2002 08:29
I made a cheesy Jetpack demo that I'm going to make into a FPS when BSP speed is fixed. Right now, it's just a physics/gameplay test. It'll be 1st person for the final game.

Controls:
Spacebar is thrust.
RMB is forward movement when thrusting.
LMB is a kind of air brake if you are facing the way you are traveling and thrusting.
When you finish the course, press "r" to reset the game.
Hold "f" to show framerate.

Gameplay:
The purpose of this demo is to fly through the green spinning rings.
After you pass through one, it turns red and the next one appears.
The timer stops when you pass the 10th ring so you can see your time.

Features:
The small arrow in the bottom middle tell you which way to turn to face the next ring. (No height)
Checkpoint counter tells what checkpoint you have completed.
The Altitude meter is on the top right of the screen. 0 to 300 feet. (300 is cap)
The speed indicator is above the checkpoint counter. 0 to 45 MPH. (Not to scale) If you land on top of a building or ground going over 30MPH, you just slow down to walking speed.
If you are going over 30MPH and hit the side of a building,car or fence then you crash and die. (Game resets after 5 seconds)
If you fall over 50 feet w/o slowing down, you crash and die.
If you fly outside the fenced area, you have 10 seconds to get back in. There is an onscreen graphic to tell you.
There is a fuel gauge to tell you remaining fuel.
If you run out of fuel, you can't use your jetpack.
If you stand in the Re-Fueling tank, your fuel goes back up.

Click here to download V1.0

Early Screenshots:

Kensupen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2002 10:11
I forgot to give credit to the modeler of the cars in the demo. They were downloaded from here.

http://www.xu1productions.com/3dstudio/

I might try to make my own cars for the final version, but I have to wait for at least patch 4 to come out. I need BSP speeds back up to what they were in patch 1.

-Kensupen
MrTAToad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2002 18:31
Side-to-side movement is jerky, but I got quite a nice frame-rate.

Good news everybody! I really am THAT good...
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2002 20:21
its cool. not slow at all

xxxpetratxxx
B. R. W
ZomBfied
Years of Service
User Offline
So are you using a BSP for the world now?

Kensupen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2003 07:40
BSPs have issues. I won't try using them again til prolly patch 5.
This was made as building textured boxes in CShop and I'm using simple collision boxes.

-Kensupen
Dr DooMer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2003 14:54
I can't play the game as I don't have DBPro (unless you've compiled it, in which case I will try it) but, looking at the screenshots, I think you ought to add another plane to the trees; since you'll be in the air a lot, looking down on the trees, they would look better if given an extra horizontal plane.

"I am a living, thinking entity who was created in the sea of information."
hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2003 15:52
nice game, plannin gon using something like this for a new game i'm gonna make. How come u can't move mid-air, only on the ground?

your birth was a blessing, sent to live and die on earth as a lesson, we each have a star all you have to do is find it, once you do, everyone who sees it will be blinded - DMX
Kensupen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2003 16:53
You can move in mid-air. Just turn to face a direction and push the UPKEY and SPACE to start thrusting that way. You will also go up, so you have to get used to the controls.

-Kensupen
hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2003 17:54
cool, thanxs! will do. have you got plans on beefing this game up? i mean, creating a larger world, adding guns, computer bots etc?

your birth was a blessing, sent to live and die on earth as a lesson, we each have a star all you have to do is find it, once you do, everyone who sees it will be blinded - DMX
ToyImp
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2003 17:42
That looks pretty good. Should have mipmapping on or something. Might make it look nicer when your higher in the air. Almost looks like it could be a GTA style game too. Just a thought.

-------------
My avatar looks like he's constipated.
'Here I sit, broken hearted. Wanting to poop. But only farted'

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 22:57:46
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 22:57:46