Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / 3D Models with BMP Menu Screen.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2002 14:33
Ok, Im working on a new mini-game(although its getting pretty good that it might become a bigger game in itself).

Before I start on with my questions go here to check out the demo game screen I have made up:

http://www.gpinteractive.com/gamescreen.JPG

Yeah yeah, my game menu and pics need work but it was just for testing out some stuff so I had to put something up there

Now, onto my questions. I am wanting to try to put some 3d models over that top bmp screen(scenery), but without totally overlapping the BMP environment with the 3d environment. Is there any possible way any of you have figured out or know of that I could do this? Any help is appreciated. Trying to make it so when you attack it will move the top characters around on that scenery bmp, and do that certain attack then updated the data and go to AI control etc...got all the battle engine finished(or most of it), just the 3d and travelling engine needing to be done
"Skateboard 'til the wheels come off"
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2002 22:05
Well, you will need to make the BMP a sprite, then call the 3d model after you call the sprite. Sprites refresh every loop, even with a 3d screen (its sortof acting like a 3d bitmap)

If you need any help, contact me on the messengers below.

Hope this helps
RPGamer

Current - RPG: Eternal Destiny : Help Wanted!
Upcoming- MMOFPS- Paintball Game: HELP WANTED!
Http://halbrosproductions.netfirms.com
Element
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2002 02:15
You know what...I never thought of that...that makes perfect sense....I will give it a try. If I need some help ill ask thanks again...appreciate it.

John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2002 03:27
No problem!

Current - RPG: Eternal Destiny : Help Wanted!
Upcoming- MMOFPS- Paintball Game: HELP WANTED!
Http://halbrosproductions.netfirms.com
Element
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2002 02:48
yeah..I think I have a few questions for you actually. I have added you on both msn and aim

PiratSS
Years of Service
User Offline
Looks good!

I am the greatest thing since sliced bread!!
Element
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2002 17:13
Thanks! appreciate the comment...Ive made a little updated pic of what I have the gamescreen now. Except im not 100% sure if I will use that second bmp(scenery) as my actual battle scenario. Im thinking(cause some help RPG gave me), of just making the entire scenario fully 3d in a 3d evironment. So check out the new textured menu pic that I uploaded:

http://www.gpinteractive.com/gamescreen2.JPG

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 06:02:14
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 06:02:14