Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Making Stairs

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2002 14:41
Does anyone now how I could make stairs which a character could walk up and down, just a basic code, im not bothered about making actual stairs to look at. Thanks.
Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2002 01:34
Well, when I make stairs, to make life simplier for me, I usually make a kinda invisible ramp where the stairs are and sliding collisions within the invisible ramp. I dont know if I could explane myself well. If u didn't get I can explane better . It depends a lot what kind of games u r doing and how good u wanna it looks like... I go always to simplier way...

"Never argue with an Idiot, they will always bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience."
-- Rogue
QuothTheRaven
Years of Service
User Offline
Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2002 15:24
I looked at quoths code but it doesn't work that well for my game so i was wondering how you could use sliding collision with a ramp, DB sliding collision doesnt work for rotated collision boxes in the demo ive got, so do you write your own collision code or something. Please tell me, thanks.

Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2002 20:35
Dont worry I can do stairs now, heres the code if anyones interested.

Jump is a variable that is turned on when you jump and off when you hit something.
This is a code for going up a slope. If you just make a plain and tilt it and hide it then you can put static objects as stairs underneath. I dont know but this might be faster than making lots of objects for stairs.
Comments/death threats anyone (not too many death threats please).

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 01:48:16
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 01:48:16