Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / auto-indenter program. Where?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

Awhile back I found a nice little program that would automatically, correctly indent any DBA program you fed it. I've tried hard, but I can't seem to find it again. Can someone point me in the correct direction? Thanks! I thought it was on the DarkEdit page, but either it got taken off or I'm just wrong. Bye.
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2002 19:37
What do you mean "correctly indent" Do you mean that if you had a text string too long it would make the text into two lines instead of one?

Well, I think I might have seen it at the DB code base, but Im not sure. You could always try getting the strings width and working with that

RPGamer

Current - RPG: Eternal Destiny : Help Wanted!
Upcoming- MMOFPS- Paintball Game: HELP WANTED!
Http://halbrosproductions.netfirms.com
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

Not quite what I'm looking for. I use to have a program that you would load in any darkbasic program, and it would check and ensure each IF, FOR, DO, etc... type of loops were indented correctly. So, if I gave it the code:

For a = 1 to 10
If a = 5
Do
Print a
Loop
Endif
Next a

It would end up being:

For a = 1 to 10
If a = 5
Do
Print a
Loop
Endif
Next a

xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
ok,

that didn't work at all. But hopefully you get the picture, it will make the code NEAT so its easy to follow, and the indentations at the beginning of each line will be as they should.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 09:55:02
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 09:55:02