Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / T-Mobile ... Quick Question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2002 13:24
oki i'm back home now, thought i'd recredit my phone.
i go down the shop and grab a £10 voucher for my old pay-as-you-go phone ... ring up 121, "i'm sorry the new number is 150"

Oki a lil annoying but still i ring that up, blah blah press 152 to credit. "please enter the 13 digit code within the white box followed by the hash"

right ... now erm, i have 16 digits in that box
but i entered the first 13 anyways, i press one and it says the service is currently unavailable.

Someone please help cause this bloody phone as 36p on it and i'm pretty sure that ain't gonna last me long.
International Rates on my contract on from AT&T are a lil, erm steep so i'd rather not have to use it.

I'm sure someone here uses them and can help me
Anata aru kowagaru no watashi! http://members.lycos.co.uk/timesaga/darkbasic/rvtoken2.jpg[/img]
Martyn Pittuck
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2002 14:35
Errm, what does it say on the voucher/have you vhecked the website?

The Outside is a evil place to be, too much light, too much noise and too many distractions....
I went outside once and my FPS rate dropped to 5.
MrTAToad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2002 14:55
If its unavailiable - you'll just have to try again later...

Good news everybody! I really am THAT good...
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2002 15:08
One2One/T-Mobile is often unavailable, because they have VERY limited phone lines, and a large user base. Just keep trying. I find about 4 in the morning is the best time lol The number under the scratch off panel IS the one you should enter, exactly as it is then press #.

Not wishing to sound condecending, but you did make sure they gave you the voucher for the right network? Know it sounds obvious but often I have been given the wrong one over the counter grrrrr

* If the apocalypse comes, email me *
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2002 15:10
Only reason I ask is because if you ask for a "pay as you go" voucher you'll usually get Vodophone, I think it may be their slogan/tagline. Not sure :p

MrTAToad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2002 15:20
Happened to my Dad once - got the wrong card...

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2002 17:08
Nope i picked it off the shelf myself at Cardiff Airport, cause my bro came to pick me up and handed me my old cell.

was like "jebus, this ericsson is from the stone age!"
well anyways he told me the network thingie had changed here so i grabbed a card that said .T...Mobile... on it, which i'm guessing is the right now.
It's all white with people on the front

well i scratched off the back bit (i can't believe these are now cardboard not plastic) ... and the number is there
xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx , obviously isn't x's lol but i don't wanna have to buy a new one cause someone nabs my number
i'd probably be trying for days and wonder what it means by already in use

i'm gonna try again in a min, not gonna be happy if i can't even credit my own bloody phone.

Anata aru kowagaru no watashi!
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2002 21:12
oki almost 48hours now... i've tried randomly, EVEN at like flipping 4-5 in the morning

bugger all... ( SOMEONE HELP ME, i dont understand how it can always be unavailable.

MrTAToad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2002 21:23
Try phoning T-Mobile - they've got their numbers on the web site...

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2002 23:24
good idea, i'll try to dig it out do it tommorrow have a feelin' they'll be closed now.

Tell ya what if thats computer driven, gonna say bollocks to the lot of it and just buy a new Pay-as-you-go just for when i'm here

MrTAToad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2002 23:47
Cant say fairer than that...

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2002 01:32
Yeah get one on Orange or Vodaphone they're both much less of a bother, and u can get a Nokia 3310/3330 for about £60 now DON'T get a Virgin one, as they are just Masked T-Mobile accounts Haven't tried an O2 phone but have heard bad reports.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2002 01:43
well my mom and step dad are on Virgin, they've never had problem so thats what i was thinkin' ...
actually i'm getting a new cell for christmas from my mom cause i really want one - personally HATE Nokia's, hate the face of Sony taking over Ericsson because all the phones now look like freakin' Nokias
makes me wanna puke such ugly phones

probably gonna end up with a Motorola v68, but i hope we can find somewhere that still sells the Ericsson T39mc
had a T30 when they first appeared, but it got crushed by a lorry ... was so upset

doesn't matter what pay-as-you-go mobile i'll end up with, cause i'll probably just throw the actual phone in the trash
think if i do get one, probably see if i can find the T20, they kinda fatter than i'd like ... but if its the only option

MrTAToad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2002 15:27
O2 doesn't seem to be too bad - mind you, I'm on pay monthly.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2002 18:58
i've not heard of O2... i'm guessing they're new, whats thier rates like?
came back to find my calls had jumped from 10p/min to One2One and Landlines, 22p/min to everyone else -> 30p/min to everyone - which can't say i'm too impressed with.
Even more so as i can't seem to credit the bugger!

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2002 21:27
O2 is the new name for BT Cellnet.

T-Mobile and Virgin are the replacements for One2One altho some people report better results through Virgin.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2002 23:06
Virgin when i left was VirginMobile and part of the Virgin name, network on its own ...
from what i understand T-Mobile (cause we have it in the states too but really is ridiculously expensive) is just suppose to be the international front for One2One.

I had them since they were the first pay-as-you-go mobile, with those breeze blocks of phone - kinda sad they've changed.

BT Cellnet was pretty good, can't believe how many name changes they've had over the years i swear lol

anyone fancy explaining the actual PRICE plans would help cause if i do get one it'll need to go about 3-6months between crediting. And preferablly not break me when i wanna call anyone cause you don't get much for your dollar here

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 03:54:32
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 03:54:32