Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / collisions with animated objects ... help :(

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
my twisted head expected that if you animated an object you would expect detection to follow it. It seems that detection for polygons only notes the very first frame. this is rather annoying because to me its easier and more tidy to animate an object than get a stationary object to follow a path by coding it.

anyonr got a work around or knows if this is a bug?
Fluffy Paul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2002 19:35
Dude,
I find that a 2-stage collision detection works well as it doesn't do anything complicated until you need it.
What I mean y 2-stage is that initially you just check for objects being near each other. I usually have an array which stores the collision radius for all my objects (cos they're all different sizes).
If two objects are within collision distance then I peform the more advanced check. I'll activate the per-poly collision detection - do the check and then de-activate it again so as not to cane my CPU.

Another thing you might try doing it to check the location of a particular limb as the basis for a collision area.

Tell me how you get on. Or if I misread the problem.
pathfinder
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks mate ill tinker then

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-19 07:15:28
Your offset time is: 2024-03-19 07:15:28