Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / How do you load .bsp levels?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2002 14:55
How do you go about doing this? I have some levels, made in Gtk Radiant, and I would like to know how to load them into my game. Can someone please help me with this? Thanks and bye!

P.S. If I get this thing working, then I wont really need to worry about adding textures and things to matrixes because it doesnt work right!
Tywald
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2002 15:14
You could either put all your *.BSP files and textures into a *.pk3 file and put it into your project directory.

Than add these lines in your program:
LOAD BSP ("name of pk3 file.pk3","your bsp level.bsp")
SET BSP CAMERA 0

An another way is just to put your **bsp files in the project directory and add the line:

LOAD BSP ("","your bsp level.bsp")

NOTE:
*.pk3 files are simply renammed *.ZIP files so use winzip or an another program that can create zip files and change
the extension to PK3 instead of ZIP.

-Tywald
Hockey07
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2002 00:07
Ok, thanks! And, just to tell you, when it is made a .bsp is made, a .pk3 is made, and one more type of file is made. So, thats good. Thanks for all your gelp!

Hockey07
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2002 01:20
Alright..... There is an error. It says UNKOWN COMMAND... Why? This is a good level, and I want it to work. I have a PK3 file and a BSP file in a project directory, and it still does not work. WHY? Please help me. Thanks!

Hockey07
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2002 01:47
WAIT WAIT WAIT!!! Maybe my version of DB doesnt support .bsp files? I was just reading old posts on this forum and it said things about bsp files and that DarkBASIC or something doesnt support it. Well, I am using DarkBASIC. Should I get DarkBASIC Pro?

Hockey07
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2002 02:21
I am downloaing the DBPro demo now, so hopefully I will be able to load .bsp files into this, because it did not work in the Basic version... Cross your fingers!

*crosses fingers*

actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2002 16:16
Good luck,the demo is lil bit buggy.

Just remember that you're standing on a planet that's evolving
And revolving at nine hundred miles an hour!
Hockey07
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2002 00:05
Well, it still does not work and I am mad.... I'll have to try other methods then. Like making pics of the bsp level and then adding them in the game...l

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 16:24:13
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 16:24:13