Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / what do you think?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
i was just wondering what you think would be the best program to make a half life map in??
Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2002 17:27
WorldCraft

"Never argue with an Idiot, they will always bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience."
-- Rogue
QuothTheRaven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2002 21:43
3ds max any version. Of course worldcraft is probably better because it's more affordable. Yeah go with worldcraft.
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2002 01:53
best program without a doubt would be Worldcraft 3.x as it was developed specifically for Half-Life ... but personally I'd use Qoole instead, its far better and easier.

Don't make a world within something like Max unless you know what your doing because its FAR too easi to develop a world with leaks ... Half-Life doesn't like rendering them and your system will die when your crosshair is over themm people who understand the engine know full well why

For Quake3 on the other hand Gmax is outstanding for developing levels for it, GTKRadient has alot of good addons which will also extend the usefulness of Radient however does take ALOT of getting used to
Gmax is more for the idiots of world creation, but the fact you have modelling tools also at your disposal helps greatly.

Anata aru kowagaru no watashi!
ChronicFear
Years of Service
User Offline
Can someone please tell me how this world thing works. I you make a model of your level. But, how is it loaded and such. Can someone make me a small tutorial or sumtin on this?

Your suffering cause of me its divine
-Korn-
Kensupen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2002 10:15
To make it legal to make a .MAP for DBPro, you have to use Qoole v99. Worldcraft/Valve Hammer Editor is 100% illegal to make any levels for a game/game engine other than Half-Life. The same goes for any of the nnRadient level makers.

Qoole and Quark are the only "free to use" level makers.

-Kensupen
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2002 10:24
i'll see about a small tutorial in a lil while - shouldn't to too hard ... might even explain using entities too if your real lucki

Anata aru kowagaru no watashi!
Disco Stu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2002 10:30
Ooh now that WOULD be interesting vegeta. No sarcasm either I'd love to see how it's done.
There are heaps of editors you can use to make Worlds/Levels. Really it depends on what you need. For the most part a matrix with a couple of buildings (since most DB games I've seen a pretty simplistic). Though for a fully fledged game you'd be looking for a nice BSP editor (and hopefully DBPRO). If you do intend to make a large and complex game I say good luck to you, because I always give up about a 1/4 of the way through.

"Maybe if you ain't so good, I ain't so bad."--Tony Manero to Stephanie (Karen Lynn Gorney)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 20:27:04
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 20:27:04