Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

The 20 Line Challenge / my calculator update v. 1,3 whit multiplication. :-)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2004 21:15
here it is:

please come whit comments about this new version

i make games, i play games... But the fun thing is that i like to make them more than play them....
eat much pie
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2004 00:10 Edited at: 4th Aug 2004 00:15
cool

I suppose you're just getting the basics worked out at the mo. When did you start DB? This is a good way to get to grips with the laguage (ie. messing around with variables). I made a program that turns a date, month, and year into a day of the week. You could have a go at that (quite anoying, however, as you need to work out the pattern of days against years). If you'd like to,I could give you some help.

Checkpoint Router: my very own AI routing program: http://eatmuchpie.dbspot.com
comando 300
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2004 01:56 Edited at: 4th Aug 2004 01:58
well done.

Get rid of the "end" command and add "goto start".
And in the top of your code add a label "start:" and below that add "cls" command.Like this:

It will erase all the inputs and start again.

CURRENT PROJECT: RETRO PAC-MAN
Ilya
Years of Service
User Offline
And you should replace
with

-Ilya
The Nerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2004 19:55
THANKS GUYS
well it not so long ago that i startet on DBC but i learned it pretty fast cus i am getting much help on this forum and i read in "Beginners guide to darkbasic game programming" but i have still MUCH to learn and im NOT startet on a game project yet cus i need more knowlegde about DBC... but as training i make this calculator(and some other programs) and i like to make programs too so one day i will be making games

and im glad that you guys like my new calculator

well my first calculator i have made EVER is also one of the first programs i made it can be found here:http://www.thegamecreators.com/?m=codebase_view_code&i=4180717493d64097603db08718ba4f95

NOTE: that is version 1.0 and only plus things...
but the new version version 1.3 is do alot more but like i said version 1.0 was one of my first programs ever..

The Nerd

i make games, i play games... But the fun thing is that i like to make them more than play them....
eat much pie
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2004 00:21 Edited at: 5th Aug 2004 00:21
I have an idea for something you could do. Instead of having 3 inputs (one operand and two numbers), try just having one input, so someone could type:

3+2*8-9

Could be interesting

NB. I got your e-mail

Checkpoint Router: my very own AI routing program: http://eatmuchpie.dbspot.com
The Nerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2004 01:58
but how do i make that?

Zero Blitzt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2004 05:08
Parse the string. Use Mid$() and find when a non numerical number appears, and extract that non numerical number and use it to modify both halves of the original string.

Rush owns--> www.Rush.com ---> I'm going to see them Aug. 7
Come to #coding. We promise we wont kick you!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 15:41:16
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 15:41:16