Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Just A Word On Racism-The Street Runs Both Ways

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2002 16:57
lol, i suppose its plausible something bad could happen that would wipe us all out, but the source of the information are aliens called Zetas? OMG what a load of garbage, its always funny how aliens/angels/god warns people about problems that are reasonably well known about. Why do they never talk about problems 100's of years away, why wasn't the world warned about Aids or global warming so we could prevent them?

All you have to do is go to http://www.randi.org and read through some of the commentory to see how much rubbish there is, there is even some info on the mystical zetas.

Specs:- 1GHZ athlon, Radeon8500, 192mb ram, winxp
Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2002 07:14
OMG what a load of garbage, its always funny how aliens/angels/god warns people about problems that are reasonably well known about.

you forgot the internet... thats the only god... i have gotten more useful info off of the web then i ever have gotten from aliens/angels/god... O_O its warned me a hell of a lot more... why dont we call the internet a god... makes just as much sense..

AMD Athlon XP 2100+ OC to 3Ghz/1.5gigs ram/128mb ti4200/120gigs hd/19" monitor/Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum EX/3072kbs Sat Con... I joined in!
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2002 08:14
ya know, knowing our luck... Jan 1st 2012 will roll around, and on that day

Volcanos will all errupt, we'll have worldwide Richter Scale 9 Earthquakes, a few Tsunami's, some huricans, a really heavy terrential rain where it does, the earths crust will shift 90° killing alot of people...
and ontop of that we'll have an asteriod hit with a few smaller ones, perhaps even the moon will join in - oh and a black hole will suck us up

be like one person left "Bugger me, i was only in the loo for 5minutes"

Anata aru kowagaru no watashi!
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2002 08:40
you don't call the net god, because its full of bullshit

Aliens - Angels - Gods are all very very different things you can't really place them in the same catagory, especially as anyone outside of the UK is an alien to me - suggest some of you look up what the term actually means sometime

you check closely to the actual facts of the past... and the Mayans and Aztecs BOTH predicted the same kind of events, both with different systems which although may have some crazy story behind the actual information are tangeble.

And its not like "oh in 1938 there will be a world war delcared!" ... it more like ... for 1938 there is a HUGE dip in what i guess could be called a Karma line.

At all the major events which alot of people died, then there is a big dip ... or not even people died but a great morning or change.
It's how the sticks and wheel finally rest which determins if it is good or bad. This is why the 2012 on the christian calender is such a baffleing event, because it was the only event not to have a good or bad spin put on it - it was a terrifyingly low dip, yet is perfectly neutral into it causes.
As such it was taken to be the "end of the world"

But truth is, something will happen ... what is yet to be shown - perhaps there is gonna be a mass evolution. You just don't know. One thing is for sure, the tangeable evidence that the future predictor they made does VERY accurately depict evens which have shaken the world - and i have no doubt SOMETHING will happen that year.

will be interesting to find out what (from my 60ft underground, self sufficient 10ft thick lead-steal poly and mortor re-enforced bunker )

haggisman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2002 12:40
Aliens - Angels - Gods are all very very different things you can't really place them in the same catagory, especially as anyone outside of the UK is an alien to me - suggest some of you look up what the term actually means sometime

What the hell does the term have to do with this, i was pointing out some of the so called sources of important information that "special" people get.

And do you know what the worst bit is, these people never admit they are wrong, they just come up with excuses. I have read certain "popular" phycics have made mistakes and attributed it to accidently reading the wrong person. Or crop circles, even though the people who created them had came forward and admitted to it and showed how they created them the UFO people still said some of them must be real.

Do you think the Zetas will admit to being wrong after may 2003?

Read this, and then read the Zeta website:-

PSEUDO-SCIENCE

is often the activity of an isolated individual (often with followers) who sees himself as the possesser of truths that no-one else recognizes. Pseudo-science is a parody of the scientific process. The pseudoscientist's ideas are the result of an undisciplined mixture of facts, factoids, misinterpretations, untested conjectures and speculations.

How to think like a PSEUDOSCIENTIST:

1. Treat unjustified assumptions and interpretations--and other opinions--as being equal to established facts.

2. Use as few facts as possible--or even non-facts--to create wide-ranging speculative 'stories' that 'explain' the world's 'mysteries.'

3. Treat myths and ancient documents as literal or near-literal descriptions of actual events and then count their details as factual evidence--even if those events violate known scientific principles and mechanisms.

4. Out of the myth's details, create a 'hypothesis' to explain the myth and then--in a display of circular reasoning--use the myth's details as evidence to 'prove' the 'hypothesis' that was stimulated by the myth in the first place.

5. Loosely define--or don't define--what counts as evidence that could prove / disprove claims -and once something is treated as supporting evidence treat it forever as evidence--even if it lacks credibility.

6. Word a so-called 'hypothesis' so vaguely that it would never be possible to disprove or falsify it.

7. Seek out evidence that in any way appears to supports your claims and story but ignore or misrepresent evidence that disproves them--or even questions them.

8. Instead of revising claims when faced with strong contrary evidence, try to ignore it, distract from it, explain it away, discount it--or suppress it if possible

9. Treat speculative stories and conjectures as complete explanations that only need more similar examples to further support their truth.

10. Create stories that claim to show how events could cause the results claimed even if they are not consistent with established principles or mechanisms.

11. When scientific knowledge is referred to, summarize it in a way that accidentally or intentionally oversimplifies and distorts what the scientist(s) actually said and intended.

12. While reading and interpreting scientific statements make sure to pay little or not attention to the scientific data and methods that stimulated and justified those statements in the first place

13. Whenever possible, piggyback unjustified speculative claims onto established scientific knowledge to increase the apparent credibility of your speculations.

14. Resurrect theories that science has earlier rejected as outmoded but give little or no attention to why science came to consider them outmoded.

Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2002 13:13
will be interesting to find out what (from my 60ft underground, self sufficient 10ft thick lead-steal poly and mortor re-enforced bunker )

yup... =\ but if this zeta guy is right... that wont save you O_O... i was just reading that pole shift theory... and after getting myself all worked up... i now realize its a bunch of bull shit... i bet were just going to go into WW3... the timmin is right... =\ and bush is an idiot...

AMD Athlon XP 2100+ OC to 3Ghz/1.5gigs ram/128mb ti4200/120gigs hd/19" monitor/Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum EX/3072kbs Sat Con... I joined in!
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2002 17:55
Well not to seem funny about it ... but i've seen three different programs on Discovery, BBC2 and History - using three sets of scientists and coders input the systems into computers.

Personally i don't give a damn if one person predictied it, but when three seperate entities develop and run something to try to dispute its validity and end up being able to corralate dates perfectly as the actual dates even with the recalculations to events within history - whether it was a madman who predicted it or not, the actual calculations used if they're not wrong then really you can't bury your head in the sand and say its all stupid and wrong!

There are also several polar shift theories... one is where the earths crust actually slides - which isn't unreasonable because everytime there is a plate movement there is minor reshifting which actually shocks to the rest of the geography and the futher away from the shift the less you feel it.
From what you can refute about alot of things, the last Ice Age wasn't a gradual over years even - it was literally within a year, month or even less because there have been quite a few warm blooded and warm area mammles recently found literally frozen in ice blocks.

One possible explaination to this is that the earths poles literally jumped several degree's, even as little as 10° would have caused the effects seen - would explain another phemoninon of that the Geo Magnetic and the Axis poles of the earth being out but about 12°

Unfortunatly there is no actual evidence that you can place blame upon for this, however there are a number of other coincidences which actually also lead to the fact that mankind or atleast a FORM of him was around and had to survive the Ice Age, due to the artifacts within Egypt - which predate the currently known life of our ancestors.

i mean there is alot of stupid evidence and wild theories out there ... but there are some good ones which make sense if you puzzle together OTHER facts and possible theories. What alot of scientist don't seem to want to do is go out and backup thier theories on other evidence other than what they collect themsevles, which is kinda stupid no?

You know that alot of the bible has got alot of based fact which is corroberated through history, however it being a complete factual account i'm going to very much doubt.
However you can pin on alot of things, that perhaps the ice age was this 40days and 40nights flood that Noah talked about. Think about it, if the polar caps shifted enough to be heated enough - it would cause great flooding and no doubt it would've take a good while to find land again ... we already know that the people in the bible didn't know howto keep time properly as people seemed to live for millennia - and I'd hazzard a guess that 40 days and nite isn't quite right as food generally doesn't keep for that long ... i dunno but there are alot of other historical records you can pin close to bible events, but history is told slightly less sugar coated outside of it

well thats kinda my 2cents and i know its now REALLY off topic, but i think alot of people only read one thing - get all excited, read something else and think its alot of bull ... when you sit there and weigh up the evidence on both and look into some more corroberations you finally get an answer you can safely stick by

Personally i wouldn't harbour a great trust in the internets information unless from genuine sites like BBC's or Discoveries or Natural Geographic - actually sites full of TRUE facts from people who compile them for a living rather than internet nuts homepages

haggisman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2002 19:59
http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/misc/planetx/index.html

'nuff said

Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2002 02:38
Personally i don't give a damn if one person predictied it, but when three seperate entities develop and run something to try to dispute its validity and end up being able to corralate dates perfectly as the actual dates even with the recalculations to events within history - whether it was a madman who predicted it or not, the actual calculations used if they're not wrong then really you can't bury your head in the sand and say its all stupid and wrong!

actually ive been looking at more evidence... i think there right... =\ sigh... well guess well just have to nuke the thing... too bad theres only 100,000 nukes between russia and america... and 12 can destroy the earth... imagine what 100 could do to that planet AHAHHAHAHA....

Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2002 02:40
(but now i have read that thing that haggis posted... and again i dont think it exists... )

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2002 08:30
i'm not convinced... because i never thought it was a planet which did it in the first place

i very much doubt that the 10th planet within Earth Solar system, which i can't remember what is named - would be able to affect the earth in such a way simply with a strong gravity field. However that Aside, there is the eye brow rasing question - why is Uranus spinning the wrong way?
This isn't to say that a planet did it, however SOMETHING did it - because its hard to imagine that 8 entity bodies were created spin clockwise where as a single entity body created span anti-clockwise ... it could happen, but the gravitational forces that cause that actually would make it close to impossible that it started out that way. Atleast from a purely mathematical perspective.

So this means that SOMETHING caused it to flip, and it wasn't a perfect flip neither ... because it is similar to Earth in the same respects that the Axis and the Magnetic poles are not alligned unlike the other planets which are off by 0.01-3°

Alot of the discrepancies can be attributed to the waning from the other gravitational fields, including the satilites, though even they can't acustom the actual shifts seen unless they passed close enough - atleast within say 10au ... but that leaves the question about the 10th planet which is kinda what proves it couldn't be that, if it affected earth - then how could it pass so close to everything else and not affect then aswell?

If Jupiter and Saturn were too large to be affected greatly then they'd of affected the planets own, this in turn would cause the effects it had on consecutive planets to be very different - however what about the inner two planets, mecury and venus ... they're size is almost 1/4 the size of earth, as they're tracgectory anyway you look at it from an ecliptic orbit around earth and the sun - this so called 10th planet would also adversly affect them aswell. So why didn't it?

I know its getting offpoint, but think about it carefully ... There are a number of POSSIBLE, not probably but possible answers. And my guess is we haven't a clue what the actual cause was, but the attributation of the facts suggests it DID happen. Just because you defunk a single possible solution behind something doesn't make it untrue.

Its like the Mayan' prediction, the facts don't lie something will happen - however no one said it would be good or bad. Everyone just assumes the worst, because if you do then if its something good then your pleasently surprised. Also there are many things with a bad appearance that are actually good and vice versa.

Kinda small minded without irrifutable evidence to sit there and say "oh this guys reckons it won't lets follow him" ... cause i'm not sitting here following anyone else opinion on this. I've sat down and over the past few years, read up on the ancient civilizations. Tried to learn about the past.

Now if you learn anything from the Mayans you'll relise that, they saw life as a circle. They're calender was a wheel - which always came back to 0... and i believe that this is true for most aspects of life.
Rather than everything being a simple linear Start->End
what happens is its actually all a loop.

I mean ya'll heard about the big bag theory right... well there is also a contraction theory that the universe will get SO big and then just start to come back in on itself.
See if that is true, then you could assume that the universe itself is a continuous loop.

Now you can safely assume this for two reasons... the universe is full of its own personal reprocussions.
Follow the life of a star,
Gasses Contract -> Big Chain Reaction -> Star Born
Star Grows -> Get unbalaced into a Super Nova -> Contracts
Becomes Gravity Point -> Sucks in Gasses -> Back to Start

Now the universe it no doubt in the same fashion. (^_^)
Oki i'm not sure how much more WAAAAY of subject from Racism you can get when you get into future prediction and Astrophysics but this is getting into an interesting lil chat

Show how much that we actually think about that subject though eh? I mean we can't even stop our minds wandering in a serious subject

haggisman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2002 11:44
Kinda small minded without irrifutable evidence to sit there and say "oh this guys reckons it won't lets follow him" ... cause i'm not sitting here following anyone else opinion on this. I've sat down and over the past few years, read up on the ancient civilizations. Tried to learn about the past.

But this guy is using science to back up his statement that there is no such object in our system. Ancient civilizations are full of myths and legends, and as ever history if fallible to mis-interperation. I guess we will never know exactly what people in the past meant, unless ofcourse we build a time machine

Show how much that we actually think about that subject though eh? I mean we can't even stop our minds wandering in a serious subject

I think the old subject died when Golgo13 said he was going to shot himself, one of the stranger ways to try and win an debate.

Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2002 13:06
o_O and have you noticed he hasnt been back since... maybe he did shoot himself... or hes trying to make us think he did...

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2002 14:44
or perhaps he just left for christmas week

thing is he's notes that the 10th planet doesn't exist, not the object ... and i'm not disputing such and object can't exist because quite frankly from a physics pov it can't!
However there is a 10th planet now, which is what he was saying wasn't true also - and it might not exactly be right next door to Pluto, however it is out there

As for what is in history and said, when you take something they build in history - develop a program from it, run it and then match dates based on what you know upon thier calander system which is still a viable way to achieve a calander because analogue watches today still work on the sam principles - kinda hard to just turn around and say... Oh well thats BS isn't it

And if it was like ONE scientist who is know for his wacky theories that aliens impregnat cows and thats how we get milk kinda thing - then yes i'd be a little more than dubious. But to have 3 teams who arn't likely to talk to each other from creditable institutions produce the exact same results. Kinda find that hard to ignore, but hey its upto you to just sit back and think nothing will happen

haggisman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2002 16:34
when you take something they build in history - develop a program from it

huh?

But to have 3 teams who arn't likely to talk to each other from creditable institutions produce the exact same results.

who, when, where?

Kinda find that hard to ignore, but hey its upto you to just sit back and think nothing will happen

I will ignore it as much as i ignored the "end of the world" in 2000 when the planets alignment was supposedly to rip apart the earth.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2002 16:57
look the point is simple, the "end of the world" prediction had no scientific basis.

the Mayans and Aztecs were two seperate civs, which came up with almost identical methods for predicting the future. Mayans placed a simple front to the story, probably in an effect to make someone seem godlike or something ... but the Aztecs used it to predict if they'd have a good year of crops.
Now the methodology they use was taken by teams from Discovery Channel, BBC Education Instatution and Natural Geographic - they develop computer programs based on the techniques of purely random stick dropping i think it was - something like that.
It was done in efforts to try and prove that what was used were crazy superstitions, however when they all did it each got results that were quite interesting. It appeared that you using the calender the Aztecs had deviced you could plot from the carbon date of the writings they'd left upto present day.
You match that against the events that have happened in history and you'd find that each lull in history which is to represent a major change coincided with a pretty major event that affected THAT civilization.
So like the British scientists got larger dips than the american ones for the world wars, however the spikes were in the same places - mapping out almost exactly the start and end of the war.

Was quite a fasinating series
There was also alot about the origin of the Sphynx which body is over 20,000 years old which explains the Lion appearance because it would have been in the Leo Age of the sky which is when Leo is on the Horizon of Egypt - yet the Pharoh head was placed on there around 4,000 years back

hehee (^_^) i'm a sucker for watching alot of the educational channels, they have alot of cool programs about history.

haggisman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2002 18:34
they develop computer programs based on the techniques of purely random stick dropping

That really does sound ludicrous, What a waste of a programmers time.

You match that against the events that have happened in history and you'd find that each lull in history which is to represent a major change coincided with a pretty major event that affected THAT civilization.

Which civilization? I mean was it the scientists, or was it where the computer was made, or the guys who invented the programming language?

So basically when you said the results where the same they are in fact not.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2002 20:21
Its not really ludicrous... if your there to devise a program for a client you don't care why they want it that way - if your being paid and enjoy a challenge.

American and British Civs
and the American Results were identical, even though the programs should have had a randomness about them and ran multiple times.

Probably do you good to follow up the results they came across... i mean alot of what most history is taught telling us that greeks were the first philosophers and astronomers etc, when you look back at the evidence left - its quite clear to see althought they achieve these things mostly on thier own merit - certainly weren't the first

do wonder how many peeps here actually sit down and watch the factual programs sometimes, i mean do you learn what you know just from schooling and books and feel the internet can safely provide the rest?
i mean Discovery isn't called that because it was a nice name for a channel
if you've got SkyDigital then its likely you can access Discovery:Civilizations which always has an interesting aspect on one of the old cultures (^_^) and is a good watch. Learn alot from them

haggisman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2002 21:54
American and British Civs
and the American Results were identical, even though the programs should have had a randomness about them and ran multiple times.

Thats not the point, WHY would it be those civilisations? Why doesn't the simulated stick fall due to the computers origins, or due to the programmer, or due to the nationality of the person at the power station?

Probably do you good to follow up the results they came across...

I would if i could find them, damn internet turns up too many results for "stick falling".

do wonder how many peeps here actually sit down and watch the factual programs sometimes, i mean do you learn what you know just from schooling and books and feel the internet can safely provide the rest?

I read quite a bit more than i watch factual tv, though they are mostly scientific based books they do contain a large amount of politics and philosophy. I wish i had Digital televsion, but im stuck with the BBC.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2002 04:17
lol oki... i remember my mom said something about digital ariels you can buy and you get access to the free digital channels, like the UKchannels - suchas UKhorizons, which from memory was suppose to be like BBCs version of discovery ... however it should probably be renamed UKrobotwars
not gonna complain certainly kept me from being bored hehee
along with that new SkyOne Mix (^_^)

Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2002 04:19
O_O dont you just love battle bots raven... o_O or junkyard wars... ^_^ i cant get enough of coupling...

MaTaZi
Years of Service
User Offline
Okay, my response to the opening statements of this thread:

I say in my very unbiased opinion, we should have a Gathering of Gamers type of thing (ala Million man March and Woodstock together) and we all just friggin game for like 2 weeks straight. Now knowing there'll be gamers of all races, sexes, etc, All those racist, sexest, etc *insert cuss here* will probably end up exploding from utter confusion...such things will probably be heard, like "Why is there white boy and a black boy sitting with each other" or... "Women competing equally with men? how in the hell..." This will probably end up, like i said making all of the (what i like to call) "ests" explode, or run away in fear. When all of us gamers go back home, we can lead happier lives knowing that all of the *insert cuss word here* will be ridden from our complicated, yet fun lives...

my 32 cents for today...

Watch out...project cerebrus beckons...
Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2003 07:27
^_^ yes lets kill people to make the world better *see im a good american*...

MaTaZi
Years of Service
User Offline
No, no, no...*scratches his head* wasn't ment for that effect...i'm just saying gathering all gamers from around the world would just put a twist in their panties, wouldn't it?

Watch out...project cerebrus beckons...
Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2003 07:36
o_O that would be millions of people...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 08:42:06
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 08:42:06