Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Why does www.blitzbasic.tk point to a DB site?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2002 04:22
This is just beyond the pail, why do people involved in dark basic insist on using questionable tactics to promote Dark basic.
If the developer decend to using these tactics, which almost amounts to dishonesty, how can the Honest DB user believe and trust them?.
To do the right thing is the only way forward, remove this domain. If you do not then i can only assume that you are riding on the back of the Blitz Basic name and need to prop up you software. Rick vanner and his associates need to hang there head in shame, if they are responsible for this act of dishonesty.
I believe that Blitz Basic 3d is a far superior games development Language, this is from experience, I have bought dark basic long time ago from Electronic Boutique.
I look forward to your reply.

Ion-Storm

P.S. Im not a troll, newbie or Flamer....
P.P.S Im also VERY Flame Proof.
Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2002 04:47
Blitz3D is superior to DB Classic without a doubt. As far as DBP is concerned, DBP is more powerful (in terms of what it can do) and is easier for beginners to pick up. Blitz3D has been around for longer and is therefore more stable etc. Many pro developers also prefer the single word command structure.

I seriously doubt that the DarkBASIC developers created blitzbasic.tk - why would they do such a thing. Nobody would be confused unless they were seriously stupid.

Perhaps blitzbasic was originally a BB site that got converted to DB?

I agree that it is a rather stupid thing to do but some people in this world...

NOBODY has a forum name as stupid as Darth Shader. I do.
rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2002 04:48
Wow, that's a nice site though

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Kousen Dev Progress >> Currently Working On Editors
Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2002 05:15
Well, I agree with rapscaLLion, the site looks good . Well, I think the BB developers ( or some BB fan ) would contact www.dot.tk and explane the situation. I also don't think the DB developers should play so low, it's definitly a n00b from this forum...
I wish I could contact www.dot.tk as being a big BB fan too... but I'm so tired to fight on the net :S. I just give up :p

"Never argue with an Idiot, they will always bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience."
-- Rogue
Dean
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2002 05:39
may I remind you of all the java ads the blitzers put on the old grey forum? they're the ones who got our f**kin HTML taken away twice!

so don't talk to us about dishonest advertising.

''Mmmm.. Tastes like Nazca!''
Dean
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2002 05:41
either than that, I have no idea who made that site.. maybe it was a blitz basic domain switched to DB, and they didn't want to change names

''Mmmm.. Tastes like Nazca!''
Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2002 12:18
i dunno why... but this has to be the freakiest picture i have seen in a long time...

AMD Athlon XP 2100+ OC to 3Ghz/1.5gigs ram/128mb ti4200/120gigs hd/19" monitor/Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum EX/3072kbs Sat Con... I joined in!
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2002 16:37
Well, why DBS even link to anything but DB.com or DBP.com? That site is actually http://darkbasic.sourceforge.net and it's in spanish so DBS shouldn't have any reasons for linking to it with a BB URL.

[b]Digital Awakening
Game in developement: 3D RPG - The Magic Land
Visit DigAw.com for more info and shots
haggisman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2002 17:23
Could just be someone trying to cause some trouble, maybe its even a blitzer or a dastardly 3d gamestudio'er

Specs:- 1GHZ athlon, Radeon8500, 192mb ram, winxp
Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2002 18:20
3d Game Studio is cool

"Never argue with an Idiot, they will always bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience."
-- Rogue
Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2002 23:35
^_^ its da daddy of all gameing software... its really just an engine... like the torque engine =P...

AMD Athlon XP 2100+ OC to 3Ghz/1.5gigs ram/128mb ti4200/120gigs hd/19" monitor/Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum EX/3072kbs Sat Con... I joined in!
Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2002 01:51
yeah

-- Rogue
Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2002 02:44
^_^ yup but it costs an ass load... =\ 1250 bucks last time i checked... O_O and i did pay for it... yup all of it... yup paid it all... all of the 25 meg download...

Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2002 04:05
hahah Yeah, the pro version is far too much and u still have to place their logo in the beginning of you aplication :$
I mean, I will proudly place a logo of DBpro or BB when my game is done ( if ever done ) in my game... but I hate when someone MAKES me do something...
Like this forum... MAKES me use IE to use the snipets button....arghhhhhh.... as Willian Wallace would say... I wanna freedom...

-- Rogue
Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2002 04:12
O_O you know braveheart was completely wrong... im related ot the wallaces... hehe... ^_^

rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2002 05:39
some one ought to break into the BB forums... oops was I thinking out loud?

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Kousen Dev Progress >> Currently Working On Editors
Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2002 06:06
^_^ i have blitzbasic3d... want me to just go there.. hehe... i dont like the atmosphere over there... its nice and all... but i just dont like it O_O...

Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2002 16:16
Brave Heart is still my fav. movie Mel Gibson kicked arses on it. Five Oscars and he was the main caracter, the director, the ilumination director and many other stuff . And it has few ( if none ) special effects.

-- Rogue
InSiDeR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2002 20:09
well what ever their approach is, i cant tell you right now, you wont get any hits if you dont approach your target audience and errr well i dont think theyve quite got it, CLOSE....but not quite.

I dunno who it was that suggested that DBS had nethign to do with that, YOU should hang YOUR head in shame, Rick Vanner has mroe self respect than that, the thought of him stooping that low......i cant even comprehend

and dont get that whats better, dbpro or bb3d crap started again. who cares, i sure as hell dont and i fuss over everythign.

BlitzBasic.tk is old news i forgot about it half way through typing this, its that old!

InSiDeR
Beta Test DBPlanet 2003 Now, Click Here
"...Yay i got one strap loose..."
Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2002 07:08
Brave Heart is still my fav. movie Mel Gibson kicked arses on it. Five Oscars and he was the main caracter, the director, the ilumination director and many other stuff . And it has few ( if none ) special effects.

yeh thats true... but now in every movie mel gibson is trying to recreate brave heart... O_O look at the patriot...

... ummm insider where did that come from... o_O i prefer directx and c++ over all... maybe not ASM...

InSiDeR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2002 08:07
hey you guys are the ones that went from bb.tk to mel gibson

im simply putting in my 2 cents on the bb.tk issue

.......it appears i am too late

InSiDeR
Beta Test DBPlanet 2003 Now, Click Here
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2002 08:34
personally i think issue 1) bb.tk is an ironic joke by one of the users here or at RGT
issue 2) mel gibson ... well erm, personally i dislike his acting style - and puffy's right, there is an aussie ... who's portrayed several historical figures (not very accuratly thanks to those vigilant Hollywood researchers whoc obviously like pulling facts out of thier asses) without that i dunno je ne ce'qoi

ho hum thou eh

Anata aru kowagaru no watashi!
Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2002 12:08
yup a lil too late insider... O_O well i like mel... but why does he have to do the braveheart trying nesss.....

InSiDeR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2003 20:31
are you implying im slow.....well taking in mind my responce time id say ive got nothing.....but...ack!

InSiDeR
Visit the NEW DBPlanet, Click Here
Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2003 03:13
hehe ^_^ ack works...

are you implying im slow.....well taking in mind my responce time id say ive got nothing.....but...ack!

i was just saying your post was a lil too late for that topic... o_O your prob did what i do and skip all the posts...

oh and dont you think mel is always trying to recreate braveheart...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 00:18:29
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 00:18:29