Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Cross-Bones/Sherman 3 Models Giveaway!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2002 04:35
Hi, people!

I've got a few models that I've made which outlived their useful lives; I'm thinking that perhaps somebody out there might have a use for them beyond cluttering my harddrive. First up, is the two tank models that were made for the, now defunct, Sherman 3. The first, the M4A3 Sherman tank, is entirely complete - it comes with fully articulate suspension and turret mountings, two hi-res textures, each layered to allow for easy colour customization and weighs in at about 1700 polys. The second, the A22 Churchill, comes with much the same as the Sherman, minus the skins and at a lower polycount. Both free to good homes!

Next up, is an old troop model for my upcoming, currently unnamed game. As well as sporting over 1000 frames of animation, he comes with a single layered skin and I'll even throw in that slightly naff-looking SMG model! All for the low, low price of free! You can't have the shotgun model though - I'm still using that.

If you're interested in any of these models (bar the shotgun), please contact me either by replying in this thread, or by emailing me at drdoomer@cross-bones.co.uk. Thanks!
"I am a living, thinking entity who was created in the sea of information."
Dr DooMer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2002 04:39
Tck; so much for being "a living, thinking entity" - I can't even get my links right!

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2002 05:27
the sermans body texture is pretty good... and generally shaped both tanks are nice to the eyes.
A few unnessary edges have been chamfered, and textures have been streched in places.

The marines are very... odd, look nice but are odd.

Anata aru kowagaru no watashi!
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2002 05:44
Nice!!

Current - RPG: Eternal Destiny : Help Wanted!
Upcoming- MMOFPS- Paintball Game: HELP WANTED!
Http://halbrosproductions.netfirms.com
Dr DooMer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2002 06:28
Actually - the chamfered edges on the A22 are in the interests of accuracy. The real tank doesn't have sharp corners on it's turret, but has nicely angled chamfers. Took a bit to get it right, though - Rhino doesn't have a tool for chamfering solids any more!

And, why do you think that's the "old" troop model, eh?

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2002 06:24
yeah... but not really nessary edges once you apply texturing curves. I mean all depends on the end use to how much detail you'll want to put on it, but generally as a rule if it can be done in texturing without much loss of character then should be

the Marines look like kinda Space Marines, or Chaos Marines but like quite basic ... which looks odd to me

Dr DooMer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2002 02:41
Well, they were for an squad-based strategy game, so there could be anything from about 2 to 20 of them on screen at a time, that's why I kept the polycount quite low.

The two tanks were meant to be for a DBPro creation, and what you see was going to be the highest LOD - hence the polycount overload.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2002 16:07
i'd LOD the squad men and show all three LODs for tips...
probably best to try to figure what is textures and what is mesh required especially for low polygon work.

The more detail you can throw into the texture the better, however keeping areas of clear colour are also speed and processor efficient
they do look good, just a little odd - and too low poly for certain areas (^_^)

Dr DooMer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2002 17:00
You needn't bother - I'm not going to be using these troop models again - I'm making a new, improved one for use in my upcoming game; but thanks for the offer, anyway.

Besides, that was my first attempt at modelling anything humanoid, so I'm allowed to make mistakes.

xtom
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2002 17:12
oooh free tanks. I could do with them for my rts. I sent you an email.
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2002 07:30
offer?
mearly a suggestion - i dont' really have the time to add anything else on my place
Aghh man you heard what i've been signed upto now thou, all the sample shit for Maya5
i swear i'm gonna cry - working with an old friend to develop the Sample CD1 ... days like this make me wonder if i'm paid enough for the stress i'm put through lol

Dr DooMer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2002 02:48
Whoops! When you said "I'd", I thought you meant "You'ld"!

Anyway, back to the modelling...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 00:40:54
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 00:40:54