Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / One more Diablo Clone game from Crow Int.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2002 14:55
Hey, mans.

There is demonstration of several screenshots from game "Armageddon" by Crow Interactive. Originaly it was developed as the next Diablo clone, but now it is the new game. It was made only by 8 mans, whose target was "to kill Diablo and Blizzard". So hope they will do it. And now I ask you to make up ur mind and post it here. All minds will be seen by developers, and all them are very necessary, trust me.

Before, see these new screenshots:

Thats enought, I think.
n3t3r453r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2002 15:00
Oh! And u can see all screenshots there:
http://www.dbpro.by.ru/Gallery/armageddon_all.htm
haggisman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2002 17:24
nice, will there be a demo released?

Specs:- 1GHZ athlon, Radeon8500, 192mb ram, winxp
Yskonyn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2002 20:27
It's not nice at all! Most artwork is directly taken from Diablo!

Yskonyn -
"It's better to wish down here you were up, then to wish up there you were down."
"The ONLY time you have too much fuel on board is when you are on fire."
haggisman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2002 21:07
its good to know people still back up their statements with evidence.

Specs:- 1GHZ athlon, Radeon8500, 192mb ram, winxp
n3t3r453r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2002 09:46
@Haggisman: Demo version will be released soon.

@Yskonyn: NO! It is a commerce project, all art were made them self! Don't believe? Mail to: dantemcmanus@mail.ru and ask.
Yskonyn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2002 21:44
Well it surely looks a LOT like Diablo. It's not very original then... But hey, IF they did make it themselves then at least they know how to model art!

Yskonyn -
"It's better to wish down here you were up, then to wish up there you were down."
"The ONLY time you have too much fuel on board is when you are on fire."
xtom
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2002 23:35
Looks great from what I can see. Some of the screenshots are a little dark but the first one looks very nice.
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2002 01:05
It looks very nice =) I don't like the Diablo games though. And it doesn't look like it can kill Diablo 2 in any way. And I also think it's too dark, exept for that shot without the HUD. Isn't 2D outdated though?

Yskonyn:
The HUD and invenotory sure isn't from Diablo.

[b]Digital Awakening
Game in developement: 3D RPG - The Magic Land
Visit DigAw.com for more info and shots
n3t3r453r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2002 08:14
@Dead Glory: I think it can't kill Diablo and no one can't kill DIablo, but it can be better then it... I think u understand the difference. If you mean that it isn't better than Diablo, you are wrong. There are only screenshots, than u see the demo, you'll change your mind, i'm sure. For example were there shadows in DII - no, but this game has shadows.

@xtom: I think the same! They promise me to do it more lighter. But agree, following the traditions of Diablo and Fallout says that game must be dark.

@ALL: I forgot to say that you can offer the video, absolute FREE. Just e-mail: dantemcmanus@Mail.ru. But video is old version and only 640*480 and consist of two parts by 6MB, so at all 12Mb. ATTENTION: video is old version of game.
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2002 17:01
NE:
Shadows doesn't make it better. Any improvements in gameplay and level making?

A game can be dark but still you must see what's happening =)

[b]Digital Awakening
Game in developement: 3D RPG - The Magic Land
Visit DigAw.com for more info and shots
rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2002 04:32
Ya, your screenshots are WAY too dark, even Diablo wasn't THAT dark. Anyway, I'll take your word for it, but I'm doubtful that your game is better...

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Kousen Dev Progress >> Currently Working On Editors
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2002 10:00
they're right... you need to place in some sort of gamma to allow users to set the darkness to a comfortable level - i'm surprised an artist who can achieve this level of graphics didn't tell the programmers this already.

You need to hue the whole screen, because if you want to add true atmospherics then you'll need to make sure that the lights actually ditact the lightmaps produced onto the entire area which should be alot stronger than they are.

Remember graphics aren't everything, i personally never enjoyed diablo all that much - its not because the graphics were poor, i found them quite pleasent. No its because the actual gameplay didn't appeal to me.

This is only my opinion but i'm unsure on how you can improve a game which genre wasn't entirely fantastic to begin with. Thought i'd have to wait to play a demo version to see if i enjoy this any better.

Now i could be wrong, and i hope i am - but this appears to be FULL 2D ... now i'm unsure as to what kind of speed and space this game will take up, and how graphics card friendly it'll be.
If you've never seen TheSims, althought yes it is technically a completely different game - i think you should check it out and take note on how they've achieved thier isometric 2D look with real 3D graphics

then if you want something to really boast about you can include in stencil|projection shadows - full lighting effects - interpoled skeletal animation - smaller file sizes and rendering sizes.

Simply by making things Textured 3D, and if like Diablo you're having a SET veiw - then it is quite easi to render and texture the render and alphamapped textures onto simple block which can be affected by light and even have damage textures or be destroyed like crumble into peices which would REALLY give you an edge over diablo

Anata aru kowagaru no watashi!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 18:43:40
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 18:43:40