Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Help with Anti-Virus or Virus? :S

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2002 17:59
I've a question. I've before installed on my machine Norton Anti-virus and did not like, so I've installed once again the great MCfee Anti-Virus...
My hard drive is divided in 3 partitions, C:\D:\E:\

One of those softwares has created a folder in D:\ and E:\ called "System Volume Information\Restore".
I cannot delete those folders cause some program is using them.... and always when I try to run the Mcfee he finds a virus in one of those folders and delete it...
I don't need to say that I cannot Unisntall Norton System Works cuz norton is a BAD organized company...
Any ideas?

P.S: I know I have to format... and I will as soon as I finish downloading my movies but how can I get rid of those annoying folders... after a couple of days they can hold over many gigas of space
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
-- Rogue
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2002 18:08
no ... you can't delete them because you've just fucked yourself running 2 Anti-Virus software packages on the same machine.

No Virus software will run with ANOTHER Virus software <period!>

My suggestion is uninstall McAfee and reinstall Norton.
Especially as McAfee is one of the worst virus tools you can get, it barely protects you.

If you need something which is utimate in its virus protection locate software called Dr.Solomns

Anata aru kowagaru no watashi!
Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2002 18:11
Thanks Raven as always Looking after Dr.Solomons

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
-- Rogue
Hockey07
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2002 19:03
I have Nortan and it works great! I am glad I have it! You should use Nortan instead of Mcfae or whatever..

And with Nortan, whenever there is a new virus found, and it is sent to the makers website (i forgot it!), Nortan always gives you a little messages

AlamDV, NHL, NHL 2K3....... The best combination ever!
Hockey07
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2002 19:04
gives u a little message saying new viruses have been found and you can do a live update to stop you from those new viruses just found.

Its pretty cool actually!

AlamDV, NHL, NHL 2K3....... The best combination ever!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 06:45:40
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 06:45:40