Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / I've found out how many virus come in my computer

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2002 18:06
yeah I was wondering how can my computer have so many viruses with .eml extensions... those annoyings virus who most of the times pop up Windows as "University Diplomas".
I don't open any strange file, my anti-virus is always turned on as well my FireWall...
U guys won't believe but... Counter-Strike folder was full of them... Seems like some servers of CS upload loads of shit when u connected to them ( and I thought it was only annoying sounds and musics )...
This crap game has to end... For the safety of humanity
I could be wrong, but it's too much coincidence that the viruses were mostly found in that folder...
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
-- Rogue
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2002 18:13
There there because they're not really Virus's ... and i'm guessing if your Counter-Strike folder had alot your using the Beta rather than Retail.

You woulda found alot in the MSN Messenger folder until a recent protest of not only 200,000 but also ALOT of prodominant companys told then to get rid of them!

something annoying added within WinXP and Win.NET is the advertisement extensions that randomly run on your machine - and quite amusing as it doesn't affect those using any other Windows OS
Update Norton or Dr. Solomns (anytime past August 2002) and you'll notice that they've been included within the detect and kill

Anata aru kowagaru no watashi!
Hockey07
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2002 19:09
Quote: "( and I thought it was only annoying sounds and musics )...
"

So sometimes you've been hearing music playing at random times? Or is this just in your game? Cuz sometimes (only 3 times) I have heard music playing WITH NO WAY TO STOP IT other than to reboot. I hate doing that, but I have not had to in a while. ANd I have a HUGE firewall (2 firewalls on eachother, cuz 2 comps. are hooked up in my house with the same firewall). but I havent heard it in over a month now. I do think someone (i know who) was hacking into my computer and somehow playing wierd music, although I do have a firewall! but there are files you can download to hack into computers and disable a firewall. I even know one of the GREATEST hacking sites in the world. Should I tell you? You can even download virus kits to give viruses to others, and kits to find out IP's and stuff. Should I tell you the site?

NO!

AlamDV, NHL, NHL 2K3....... The best combination ever!
frostyrootbeer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2002 21:30
Use spybot it really helps elimate all the crap on your computer. http://spybot.eon.net.au/. Before use click "online" and then "check for updates" download all updates. Go into search & destroy, then click search/find problems and have spybot fix everything that is checked.

words to live by.... Newsgeek.tripod.com
Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2002 04:16
o_O firewalls wont save you... ^_^ and being a script kiddie isnt cool... if you wanna hack go all the way... o_O and again any decent warez site will have a hacking/cracking section...

AMD Athlon XP 2100+ OC to 3Ghz/1.5gigs ram/128mb ti4200/120gigs hd/19" monitor/Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum EX/3072kbs Sat Con... I joined in!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 22:07:53
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 22:07:53