Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / VST dlls

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2004 11:33
does anybody know if it's possible or if it's been done yet (so i don't have to tear my hair out hehe) how exactly VSTs could be called into dbp? i've worked with them in other environments...just never thought of doing it in a programming environment.

www.profolyx.com
empty
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2004 19:00
You mean the audio effect plugin interface by Steinberg?

Play Nice! Play Basic! Out now.

nFinity Emulator. Coming soon.
mister kupo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2004 05:41
not just that, there's like 5 billion vsts out there.

www.profolyx.com
empty
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2004 06:18
Well, I said "audio effect plugin interface" of which there is only one and that was created by Steinberg.

Although I wonder how well it performs on ordinary soundcards compared to DirectShow effect plugins.
Since it's easier to create a host application for VST than for DS it might be an alternative.
Well, something to investigate when I have time.

mister kupo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2004 06:23
that threw me off a little considering i don't use steinberg's vsts...i think they're horrible. i just wanted something to use stuff like destroyfx's buffer override or a simple free reverb vst.

www.profolyx.com
Stevie
User Banned
Posted: 15th Sep 2004 19:49
How can u say Steinberg's VST system is horrible.... Without it we wouldnt have the superb synth plug ins we have today.. Have u checked synths like RGC Audio's Z3ta or Vanguard - they use VST technlogogy and they are dynamically superb...
mister kupo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2004 08:48
no no no no....STEINBERG'S PLUGINS are horrible...come on, quadrafuzz.....SUCK. good system, horrible plugins.

www.profolyx.com
mister kupo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2004 08:48
i prefer destroyfx or fm7 to their stuff anyday.

www.profolyx.com
Naeza
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2004 18:51
I don't really know if this is possible to do within dbpro but i'm guessing it would be quite difficult for a number of reasons.
One would be to send the midi data through a specified channel to the VST which i'm quite sure you can't do natively in dbpro. For this i guess you'll have to know how to control ASIO drivers in dbpro. Anyway if you do get it working my bet is that you'll have a helluva job keeping the latency above 1000 ms simply because dbpro isn't meant for these kind of things.

Release the farbror in you!
empty
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2004 19:39
Quote: "One would be to send the midi data through a specified channel to the VST which i'm quite sure you can't do natively in dbpro."

Midi? No real need to deal with midi.
Unless you want to mess with ASIO drivers (which only makes sense for better sound cards anyway), you can at least use the plugins for non realtime effect processing of you audio data. Since the VST interface is relatively straigh forward, it's not that difficult to do. When I have time- in a month or so- I might try this out.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 10:33:54
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 10:33:54