Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / i forgot how to do this again..

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2002 10:27
Some simple space flight combat game I'm trying to make atm, I got the guns to work fine and everything..

now I need help on how to make the gun fire the lasers like the x-wing where 4 laser guns are fired from each corner all the time when the ship rotates and rolls etc.. gun coordinates for me is not good. it just gives out randon x/y/z location when it fires the laser.

is there a function to help fix this problem?
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2002 17:41
probably best to do object position(x),(y),(z) with offsets for it ... then try to figure out the angle from that with a simple sin|cos

Anata aru kowagaru no watashi!
Red general
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2002 20:44
I am also doing this thing, haven't worked out the multiple bulets but what I did was position the bullets where youre camera is e.g. x#,y#,z#
Just look at the code

hope this works, and posible you could adapt this so that it works for the four bullets

Red general
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2002 20:45
P.s. it also works out distance from you and enemy and from the bullet and enemy, and where you are. I left those bits in in case you needed them

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 07:29:27
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 07:29:27