Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / Need Blue's Rainbow Guidence.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2004 05:14 Edited at: 2nd Oct 2004 05:17
Can you put 3d object to a Canvas? If so how do you put a .x object there?

If not:

How do I make the 3d area as only part of my viewable program area? and how do you add 3d objects to that area?
Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2004 05:34
Quote: " Can you put 3d object to a Canvas? If so how do you put a .x object there?"

No. You can capture an area using GET IMAGE and then set the image to display on a panel gadget using setPanelImage though.

Quote: "
How do I make the 3d area as only part of my viewable program area? and how do you add 3d objects to that area?"

I don't understand. Can you rephrase that?

BlueGUI:Windows UI Plugin - All the power of the windows interface in your DBPro games.
IanG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2004 06:32
i think he is talking about view ports

Used to be Phoenix Insane : PC Spec-AMD Athlon 2.0Ghz,GeForce FX5200 128mb,512MB of ram, Win XP Pro SP2 . Last reformat: 17/09/2004
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2004 07:40
Quote: "...then set the image to display on a panel gadget using setPanelImage though"

Rob, I think you are ahead of yourself, and I think you are leaking inside info about version 2

There's no setPanelImage in the current version

BatVink
http://biglaugh.co.uk/catalog AMD 3000+ Barton, 512Mb Ram, 120 Gig Drive space, GeForce 5200 FX 128 Mb, Asus A7N8X Mobo.
Terms & Conditions apply
Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2004 10:14
Quote: "There's no setPanelImage in the current version"

There isn't a canvas gadget in the current version either, so he must be referring to v2.

BlueGUI:Windows UI Plugin - All the power of the windows interface in your DBPro games.
Guyon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2004 10:16 Edited at: 2nd Oct 2004 10:45
I am using V2 BatVink.

Thanks RobK checking it out now> No need to rephrase if I can use the panel image.

I am moving 3d objects around the screen and just need to see them in a viewpoint like screen. As the other areas will be displaying data. Can DBpro do this or do I need Blue2 power? I f you can help code in in the following post.
Guyon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2004 10:30 Edited at: 2nd Oct 2004 10:31
OK I am missing something. In Blue2 can anyone make the cuve move around in the "SpaceView" window?

Guyon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2004 14:02
What I am trying to ask is there a better to try on Blue2 or just use the:
set camera view 0,0,310,480

command for my 3d objects
Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2004 18:04
I think I understand now.

Yes it is possible to make 3D appear in the SpaceView gadget, but because GET IMAGE is painfully slow, you can only do it either with a small viewport (200x200 or less), or if you only update the display when it changes - assuming that it only changes when the user does something, rather than continuously.

Otherwise, I would recommend using the SET CAMERA VIEW command. If you want multiple 3D displays which have to be in seperate windows, then you'll need to run more than one exe (with the 3D applications set up with SYNC OFF so that they don't use too much CPU)

Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2004 20:16
I think using SET CAMERA TO IMAGE would be a lot faster.

Isn't it? Wasn't it? Marvellous!
Get Involved With The DBPro Community FPS
Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2004 20:43
You're correct - but you cannot create a memblock from an image created with SET CAMERA TO IMAGE.

Guyon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2004 01:09
Well I am looking for the best way to do this. I will need speed as there will be a number of 3d objects with some complicated rotations etc. There will be alot of math.
So lets change this:

Should I just make the entire screen my 3d view and put my edit boxes and graphics images over top of it?
-OR-
Or make half my screen with my rest and graphics and the other half with the set camera view?
TLight
Years of Service
User Offline
Not sure if I'm reading this correctly but...

If your'e after multiple 3D windows (All realtime views) then I can't help you. If however, you're after something such as photoshop with a real time 3d window instead of Photoshops bitmap window, then it's entirely possible with Blue 2.

I'm sorry I can't be more specific here (my main blue test code is on the laptop), but essentially here's some (rather vague) guidelines for creating a real time 3d view "Within" a blue 2 application.

1) Create a Blue window without a parent (let's call it 'Blue a').
2) Now create a child window (let's call it 'wind3D') and parent it to 'Blue a'.
3) Grab the 'MS windows' handle of your dbpro window.
And finally...
4) Associate/Attach the dbpro window handle to 'wind3D'

You can find all the information for this procedure by examing the documentation (Be carefull, there are some ommisions/differences between the two types of docs given).

I may also be missing out a neccessary panel procedure here (been some time time since I've tried it and it's a bit vague)

If you want some actual code, I'll be online with the laptop tommorow so I'll give a quick example.

Good Luck.
Ilya
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "GET IMAGE"

or PLAY CAMERA TO IMAGE(or something).
Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2004 08:15
Quote: "or PLAY CAMERA TO IMAGE(or something)."

As I mentioned earlier, you can't make memblocks from camera output images which makes this useless.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 17:06:23
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 17:06:23