Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / New Game needs New Name

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2003 03:15
Hi, People!

I'm not sure if I'm in the right place, but I'll ask here anyway:

My latest game, formerly known as "Cold Blood", until a friend pointed out it was already taken, still needs a name.

The game is set in the near future, with three MegaCorps controlling most of the planet. You work as a mercenary commander for one or more of these Corps, and take on contracts ranging from defence and law-keeping, to assault and demolition. It's a squad-level, turn-based strategy game with an overhead view that will (hopefully) play in a similar way to X-Com. There's still no concrete storyline, so any name could pass at the moment. I've got some ideas, but they're fairly naff and don't really have the same kick as Cold Blood:

Eclipse (and call one of the Corps "Eclipse Industries")
Metal Hell,
Stained Steel,
Lockdown,
e-Malice (or e-'something else').

Any more suggestions? Or any here that take your fancy?
"I am a living, thinking entity who was created in the sea of information."
Red general
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2003 10:26
how about (but you might think were naff)
wings of deliverance
Labiathan
operation: mace
Titan
hope this helps

Dark Neo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2003 00:17
Microtopia? (One of those megacorps would have to be MSoft )
Operation: Backlash
Guns, etc (I don't mean the names of guns)

Remember short and snappy can be good but some longer name are good too. (Like my game, Destiny of a Fallen Angel)

When everyone around you is smiling, check if your flies are undone.
Dr DooMer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2003 02:34
No, Microsoft don't exist in my world! Good job really - you don't want your bleeding-edge tech plasma rifle to suddenly say: "Error: Windows Firearm Edition is unable to perform the requested operation - please reboot your gun."

I don't really want to use an 'Operation: Something' or 'Mission: Something' and, although it's a good name, Wings of Deliverance doesn't fit the money-grabbing mercenary scene very well.

Leviathan isn't bad; I could link it to the storyline with a virus called Leviathan or something. I'll keep thinking about it...

"I am a living, thinking entity who was created in the sea of information."

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 23:16:37
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 23:16:37