Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / where to get free dll for physic and how do I make them work?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
where to get free dll for physic and how do I make them work? Is the question all newbies ask them self..i've been trying some of the dll's but all i get is an error msg.. It says that it doesnt understand the dll commands thats in the code...right know i don't have any dll's or sourcecode right know...but can somebody give me an example on how to make a simple gravity program, with friction.so i can see how everything is build up...I thought also that i needed to use the "load dll" - commmand..but maybe i'm wrong there...
thnx
IanG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2004 22:51 Edited at: 10th Oct 2004 22:52
have a look at the available tpcs/dlls at the top of this forum(dll talk)

they tend to have good documentation and examples

Used to Phoenix_insane
PC - amd athlon 2ghz, 512mb, geforce fx5200 128mb, 200gb, xp pro sp2
Misato Katsuragi
Years of Service
User Offline
eh jepp i've done that now...and i've seen some wrong in the documention...you have to but the tomakadll.dll in the folder where you have the project.. but i hope the dll is worth the time..i've looked at the examples and the coding and it looks fairly simple.

"Acts of men are better than acts of God."
-Misato Katsuragi
Misato Katsuragi
Years of Service
User Offline
umm there doesn't happend to be a tutorial on Tomakadll command and what they stand for?

"Acts of men are better than acts of God."
-Misato Katsuragi
IanG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2004 02:28
look at newton (i prefer it)

Used to Phoenix_insane
PC - amd athlon 2ghz, 512mb, geforce fx5200 128mb, 200gb, xp pro sp2
ALPHA ZERO PRODUCTIONS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2004 10:17
get walaber's

walaber
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2004 02:45
have a look at my Newton wrapper if you want, it's really easy to use and I've included lots of demos.

ところで、名前からすると、日本人だと思うのですが、違いますか?私はアメリカ人ですけど、日本に住んでおります。Dark Basic Proを使っている日本人はなかなかいないから名前を見てビックリしました。

Go Go Gadget DBPRO!

Athlon XP 2400+ || DDR-SDRAM 1GB || Nvidia GeForce 4 Ti4200 AGP 8x 128MB
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2004 03:19
are you refering to his name or the physics plug-in (tokamakdll) name?

WOLF's Tokamak one doesn't really have many tutorials around, which is frustrating as it isn't as simple to utilise as Newton.
This said, the help for Newton fails to mention you need the Newton.dll in the Plug-in folder as well as with the final EXE. It only says you require it with the final EXE.

Probably because of how Dark Basic Pro links things though.

-/-

you do not need to use 'Load Dll' if the DLL is a plug-in. You simply have to place it with-in [DarkBasicPro]\Compiler\User Plug-ins, then you can use the functions provided with-in Dark Basic itself.

walaber
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2004 13:17
@Raven- you don't need Newton.dll in the plugins directory, just in the program directory. you just need the NDB.dll in the plugins directory.

either way the next release of the wrapper will have Newton.dll compiled inside, so there'll be no problem there

Go Go Gadget DBPRO!

StOrM3
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2004 12:43
Speaking of next release, Walaber, when will the next release be, and have you thought about adding those local and global force and rotation commands ? Also, what about automatic object breaking like tokamak has, does newton have something similar to this ?

Just wondering, I am anxiously awaiting the new version, and have been waiting, as with the current version it is very hard to get the rotation, and movement working correctly. I have tried alot, I will have another go tonight at it using the demo 6 sourcecode for a basis, see, I need a vehicle taht can collide with buildings and anything else, and based on speed, number of times him do damage to the stuff, like first few times, don't break anything, or knock them down, then finally have them fall apart.

Anyone can help with this would be greatly appreciated, I will post a main thread in the plugin thread, with my current source so maybe someone can help me figure out why my tractor is flipping in the air, and only moving when I push the down arrow, and doing nothing when I push forward, rotation is not working properly at all.

What I want to know is, I have heard that ezRotate can make things so much easier in newton, is there any truth to this, because I have it, and want to know how to use it with it, do we have any examples showing how to use the two together ? That is what I need, an example showing how to use both ezrotate, newton, possibly nuclear glory also if need be hehehe..

Please seriously someone help me, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, please exscuse my english / bad spelling an incoherency, it is far to late, and I been up for along time now, and when I get home from work will try to code some more on this, and stay up to post the source for someone to look at and help.

Thanks,

Ken

[PKE] Pain Killa Entertainment(tm) [PKE]
Pain Brings Reality...
[PKE] Pain Killa Entertainment(tm) [PKE]
Chris K
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2004 03:09
I just want to be able to freeze ragdolls.
walaber
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2004 11:49
freeze ragdolls? that can be done, it's just a bit heavy-handed. loop through each bone and call this: NDB_NewtonWorldFreezeBody NDB_NewtonRagdollBoneGetBody( bone )

the command names might not be right, I can't remember them right now off the top of my head... but it should work fine.

StOrM3

have a look at my wrapper forum for more details... but yes, I will be including the new local/global force commands, which I have already put in my own version, and are working really well. I think they will make the wrapper MUCH easier to use. you mentioned a vehicle as well, the next version has a really cool vehicle system as well. more info soon!

Go Go Gadget DBPRO!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 12:39:52
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 12:39:52