Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / [LOCKED] looking for a dll that makes C++ or VB work in dbp

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2004 09:18 Edited at: 15th Oct 2004 09:22
I looking for a dll that makes C++ or VB work in dbp. I need it because i have a program that makes meterials and particles and exports the code to c++ or vb.

CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2004 11:28 Edited at: 15th Oct 2004 11:28
you can write a c++ dll as a dll or a tpc and use it directly in DBP. To use VB or VB.NET in dbp it needs a c++ wrapper to export the functions to dbp. Exeat or TCA or IanM and others can explain. I am not a C++ programmer, I just play one on tv.

DBP_NETLIB_v1.4.3 DarkTOPIA site coming soon!
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2004 02:44
ALPHA ZERO PRODUCTIONS, Are we to take you seriously or shall we show it the same contempt as your other thread regarding Blitz code in DarkBASIC Professional?

But if you are serious, the C++ code could probably be adapted to run as a DLL if you manually provide the exported functions which could be called directly from DarkBASIC Professional. But it would help if you provide a little more detail as to exactly what the exported C++ or VB code does.

Paul.

Home of the Cartography Shop - DarkBASIC Professional map importer
Mr Underhill
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2004 03:32
Quote: "ALPHA ZERO PRODUCTIONS, Are we to take you seriously or shall we show it the same contempt as your other thread regarding Blitz code in DarkBASIC Professional?"

APEX, that was uncalled for. This is a completely different thread and, IMO a valid topic.

On a lighter note, it would be awesome if we could export DBP functions as a DLL. (I know IanM has a system for this, but a one-click solution would be awesome )

“Do you wish me a good morning, or mean that it is a good morning whether I want it or not; or that you feel good this morning; or that it is a morning to be good on?” -Gandalf
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2004 03:54
This is why I still provided a valid response to the original question but you can see my point right? I'm not having a go or anything but this isn't the first time I've read what could may well be a waste of time. If it's not, I'll give it my full attention and assistance in anyway I can.

Paul.

Mr Underhill
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2004 04:50
Quote: "This is why I still provided a valid response to the original question but you can see my point right? I'm not having a go or anything but this isn't the first time I've read what could may well be a waste of time. If it's not, I'll give it my full attention and assistance in anyway I can."

I see your point, I've run into a few waste-of-time posts myself. I just thought your tone was a little condescending. If you didn't mean it that way (as is typical of text-only communication ), then I apologize in advance.

“Do you wish me a good morning, or mean that it is a good morning whether I want it or not; or that you feel good this morning; or that it is a morning to be good on?” -Gandalf
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2004 05:45 Edited at: 20th Oct 2004 18:47
No prob.

[EDIT] So, can I assume that no further corespondence is required on this topic then??

APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2004 12:15
I take it this has been solved then, see above

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 23:17:29
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 23:17:29