Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / XML in DBP

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2004 07:26
Hi guys,

It's rather important that I get XML reading into DBP . I know there are no XML libraries made for DBP, but do you guys know of any that would be compatible with it? I haven't had any luck searching. Thank you.

If I do find something, I'll let you know here ...

"I don't think anybody likes you..."
"I like me..."
Mr Underhill
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2004 16:20
I think you might have to make a parser in DB code. It's easy to do for HTML, but I'm not so sure about XML. What do you need XML for anyway?

“Do you wish me a good morning, or mean that it is a good morning whether I want it or not; or that you feel good this morning; or that it is a morning to be good on?” -Gandalf
Torrey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2004 16:36 Edited at: 17th Oct 2004 17:06
Check out the attached library, source, and dll. I know it would be easy to port over the code to a working DBP plugin.

Information about this xml lib can be found at:

http://www.zlatkovic.com/libxml.en.html

The library is using the MIT License:

Quote: "
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:

The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.

THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES, OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
"

If we took a look at the API information of this library, couldn't we just add a string table, and it would be done?
Torrey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2004 17:24 Edited at: 17th Oct 2004 17:27
Looks like the download button thingy didn't work correctly above, so I'll redo my upload. Click the download button to save the library.

[edit]

It did the same thing, so I'll just provide a direct link:

ftp://ftp.zlatkovic.com/pub/libxml/libxml2-2.6.14.win32.zip

Before I had re encoded the binary to a rar file, but I think it was just too large for apollo's liking.
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2004 22:20
Bulleyes did do an XML library some time ago : http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=23923&b=5

I've never used it myself so you're on your own

*** Coming soon - Network Plug-in - Check my site for info ***
For free Plug-ins, source and the Interface library for Visual C++ 6, .NET and now for Dev-C++ http://www.matrix1.demon.co.uk
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2004 01:40
Thanks IanM-- that looks great. But Badnose.com is down, and that means the guy's email is too . And I don't want to hijack his Sun Crusher game thread. I guess I'll just wait...

Preparing for a month of insanity, inspiration and insight... again!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 08:52:00
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 08:52:00