Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Sonic Fusion - New screens

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey guys, these are some shots from my upcomming fan game Sonic Fusion. Comments? Queries? Critism? All are welcome

Of course, all the above was made in DB :p. I look forward to reading your replys.
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2003 19:18
yeah ... erm wheres my beta to test
does look pretty nice, i think the white untextured sonic make a bold statement

you might wanna sort out his arms for running cause it just looks freaky ... but for now look forward to a new demo with some hopefully pleasent improvements

Anata aru kowagaru no watashi!
Raudaschl
Years of Service
User Offline
aww damn, wrong forum!

David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2003 21:54
Very good - I remember the original Sonic Fusion - the one I downloaded off RGT ages ago - is this a remake?

Merry Christmas to all Apollo members!
Visit [url]www.lightning-systems.co.uk[/url] :: [url]www.realgametools.net/forums[/url]
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2003 22:30
You cant make a sonic game! well, even if u do, it would be illegal to sell!

xxxpetratxxx
B. R. W
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2003 22:31
Then again, MAKE A SONIC GAME!!!

xxxpetratxxx
B. R. W
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2003 22:34
the screen shots are amazing! and the sonic model is quite good too!

xxxpetratxxx
B. R. W
Red general
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2003 13:43
Where is RGT? And is there anywhere I can get a similar 3D sonic
Also it look great!

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2003 14:04
Looks great! Sonic looks a little out of proportion though.

Here's RGT:
http://www.realgametools.net/forums/index.php

Van-B
Soyuz
Years of Service
User Offline
Oooo I was looking for more DB Pro forums - great stuff.
Soyuz
Years of Service
User Offline
P.S. I think your screens look great...can I be a beta tester? I never really played the opriginals so it'd be good to test from the point of view of a noob to the game
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2003 18:16
Looks really nice =) Some collors on Sonic and some more pollys on some objects and the ground would be nice.

[b]Digital Awakening
Game in developement: 3D RPG - The Magic Land
Visit DigAw.com for more info and shots
Gunloader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2003 20:41
Looks good, I hope you are able to do the sonic textures in the same quality, then I will say it's amazing

+++Cpp+RealBasic+VisualBasic+QBasic+ABasic+REXX+JAVA+PHP+MySQL+Assembler+DarkBasic+GameMakerPro+++<>P4 2,53GHZ<>512MB RAM<>RADEON 9700 TX<>
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2003 21:37
The bottom two shots look very much like a classic Sonic Game, well done! The Sonic model's legs and feet need to be shorter, but other than that its a good model. I love Sonic Games so I look forward to playing this!

rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2003 22:44
Very nice!

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Kousen Dev Progress >> Currently Working On Editors
Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2003 22:56
pretty cool!

Yum! Yum! Yum! Yum!
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2003 08:34
lookin good,someshots are almost the same captured world feel as the sega cd saturn version but in 3d,nice work

Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2003 08:48
Yo, yo. I just thought of something for this game. It would be really cool if after Sonic starts to run real fast his legs would do the roadrunner thing. Kinda looks like tank treds, you know what I'm talking about?

This is Truth!
This is my Belief!
...at least for now.
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2003 13:50
Yeah, Sonics always done that, its well cool. I loved the whole Sonic ethos, everything about the design was cool, and fresh at the time. The 2D games still stand-up well today

Hilmi2k
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah, I wonder what made it a must that all games have to be 3D...

in the begining, people started buying games just because they were 3D.
hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2003 15:40
well, in my opinion, i consider the change from 3D to 2D as more of a side-shift than up-grade. Hey, you have 2 cars, say a volvo (old model) and a Ferrari (new model). Any human in their right frame of mind would be driving the Ferrari a lot more, doen't mean they won't drive thier volvo though! sam kinda thing with 2D and 3D games, i think!

your birth was a blessing, sent to live and die on earth as a lesson, we each have a star all you have to do is find it, once you do, everyone who sees it will be blinded - DMX
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2003 18:09
Yes, but not exactly - 2D is still far superior a medium for certain games -

1. 2d Fighters such as the recent Capcom and SNK games are far superior in design, learning curve, subtlety and intricacy than their 3D counterparts
2. 2d Platformers / shooters are still far more intricate and innovative than 3d ones - Eg Sonic Advance, Metal Slug X, Mario World... the only really decent 3d "platform" games I ever played were Mario 64 & Sunshine and these are more 3d adventure games, as is Tombraider. Other games such as Ratchet and Clank, Crash Bandicoot (specifically 2), Daxter etc are fun, but ultimately very simple and basic, if you discount the graphics.
3. Top down or side on space shooters - Never played a decent 3d equivalent, unless you count the Starfox games, and they aren't really comparable examples.
4. Puzzle games in the Tetris, Puyo, Bust-a-move Mould. NEVER played a 3d game like this worth its salt - Tetrisphere is a good case in point.

However, many traditionally 2d genres were massively improved by the advent of 3d, such as exploration / adventure games, RPGs (to a point), and especially Sports and Racing games. Obviously the FPS genre wouldn't have existed before at least plain-3d was invented with Wolfenstein or, to more effective use - Doom

Plus the new 3d versions of RTS games like Warcraft and Ageof are really cool, if slightly unnecessary

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2003 18:11
BTW I should have added that Sonci Adventure 1&2 weren't that great at all - appart from the first action level with the Killer whale, that bits cool I'll be interested to see if Sonic Fusion can capture the feel of the old Sonics more accurately

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2003 18:28
personally i think that the kind of game you make decides the medium rather than taknig 3D for everything.

however that said ... 3D is faster than 2D when you want to add effects - and it allows for more "innovation" which admitidly we've not seen in recent years, but i'd say titles like Oni - Zelda - Warcraft III - Elite
have all benifited from using 3D

personally when i played the original demo of this, wasn't too impressed and its been almost 6months ... so i hope that the improvements especially with the move to Pro have changed it for the better.

Anata aru kowagaru no watashi!
Kyro
Years of Service
User Offline
Reminds me of the Dreamcast version

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 11:51:13
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 11:51:13