Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / FPSC ANd Dynamic Lighting

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2004 01:45 Edited at: 23rd Oct 2004 02:43
ok you win... post deleted.

feel free to delete the topic

--Mike
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2004 02:30
I expect the lights to be 'baked' onto a surface because it uses a lightmapper - so no.

Although he may have hardware lights as well to illuminate objects - in that case then yes.

Get 15 new commands, all the date / time commands left out of DBPro for free!
DOWNLOAD PLUGINS HERE: http://www.davidtattersall.me.uk/ and select "DarkBasic"
Red Ocktober
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2004 02:40 Edited at: 23rd Oct 2004 03:14
ok you win... post deleted.

feel free to delete the topic

--Mike
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2004 03:24
Quote: "ok you win... post deleted."

?

I wasn't expecting to win anything - and has there been a post deleted?

Red Ocktober
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2004 03:48 Edited at: 23rd Oct 2004 03:55
i dunno... you seem to have been trying to make a point about spamming the forum... so, in spite of my view on the topic, and for the best interest of forum, i conceed to your insistance and another members complaining...

the text of the topics was removed, and you were requested to delete the threads...

this topic is, in my opinion, too valuable a subject to be distracted by me trying to convince you, or someone else, that...

(1) asking 4 distinct and different questions in 4 different posts would have actually helped eliminate multiple posts and been more visible to those whom might have had the same or similar questions

(2) i've been around the net long enough to know just a weee bit about 'netiquette'...

.. and possibly precipitationg more 'of topic discussion on it'.

... so, in the best interests of everyone, and to avoid any problems, wouldn't it be simple to just delete the threads.

--Mike
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2004 03:53 Edited at: 23rd Oct 2004 03:55
Quote: "you seem to have been trying to make a point about spamming the forum"

No I haven't - I just decided to answer you questions

You don't have to delete all your posts - don't be so hard on yourself Going around deleting all yoiur posts isn't going to improve the situation, it's just going to leave a load of empty topics!

Red Ocktober
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2004 04:02 Edited at: 23rd Oct 2004 04:06
... i'm not being hard on myself at all... i'm just trying to keep things running smoothly here by avoiding any sort of conflict...

personally, i don't care one way or another if the questions i posted get answered or not... it would have been nice to know some of these things, but hey, if it's gonna cause any problems, just let it go...

i've got as lot of other things more important in front of me right now than getting questions answered about FPSC, or engaging in any sort back and forth between some user, or a mod who seems to be ready to lecture me on the niceities of net etiquette, as if i just yesterday started frequenting forums and web sites...

hey... like i said before, this is your forum, i'm just a recent retread here...

... you went the extra step to make your point, ok, i conceeded the point... i'm willing to go along with your program...

just delete the threads, and everyone is happy.

--Mike
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2004 13:35 Edited at: 23rd Oct 2004 13:36
What causes problems is flipping out after a mod politely reminds you of forum policy and then answers your questions. Now this thread, which could have been informative and useful to other members, becomes useless.

Think before you act.

Preparing for a month of insanity, inspiration and insight... again!
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2004 13:39
Quote: "personally, i don't care one way or another if the questions i posted get answered or not... it would have been nice to know some of these things, but hey, if it's gonna cause any problems, just let it go..."

I've no idea what your question was before you editted it to "delete me", but I guess you didn't let it live long enough to actually have a member of staff reply to it, which I would have done.

"I am not young enough to know everything."
- Oscar Wilde
Red Ocktober
Years of Service
User Offline
Richard:

no problemo, i've seen that you've been answering them as fast as you could get to em... and someone else will probably ask the same question again. thanks for taking the time to respond.

Mouse:

what causes problems is people like you piling on after the whistle has blown.

the 4 or five questions where distinctly different, and warranted separate threads... or so i thought.

this would've facilitated separate and distinct discussions and given each topic it's proper run while catching the attention of those intereseted in that particular aspect FPSC...

but, as i realized, the four separate posts were causing more problems than good, so i requested the mod delete em... as not to distract from the more important business of disseminating information about the new dev tool...

... hardly what i'd look at as 'flipping out'.

you outta follow your own advice, and think before you engage your fingers to those keys.

--Mike

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 01:04:46
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 01:04:46