Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / BladeHOST.net - Web hosting... DISCOUNTS!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2003 01:30
Hey there..

I'd just like to tell you that my new web hosting company is now up and running, and if you want to see what I have on offer, you can check it out at http://www.bladehost.net.

I was just thinking to myself, to get started, why not give some people in the DarkBASIC / DarkBASIC Pro community a chance to get their hands on it first (if they want any).

*******=- D I S C O U N T S -=*********

If anyone is remotley interested, I am sure I could come to some kind of discount for you (wont be much as i cant afford it, but it will be better than nothing). Also, if people would like to tell me what they want i will give them a disounted quote.

PLEASE BE AWARE OF THE FOLLOWING: Since i am quite busy getting everything sorted, i might not be back here for a while to read or answer any replies on this forum, so if anyone needs me, they will have to contact me at my personal address: mike@bladehost.net Cheers people.
" If you build it they will come, so get your bottom over to: http://www.db-pro.co.uk "
Simple
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2003 03:12
Everybody is starting up webhosting all of a sudden ..... and right at the time I have my credit cards out looking for a host !!

I'm in a spin as who to go with + I've had a few offer too.

So far the best offer i've had is >>

950mb Space
40gb Band
Unlimited Pop3, Mysql, FTP, Subdomains

all for £10 per month ..... is that good ??

Spec - AMD Athlon 1000mhz - 256mb DDR - Gforce2mx 400 TV out - 30gb HD - 19" Compaq - DVD rom - CDRW - Firewire - ATI TV card - All linked to another PC with higher spec
QuothTheRaven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2003 05:19
I beat youuuuuuu, 1000mb 10 US dollars per month, all the languages...good times
Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2003 07:30
o_O if people want hosting...

AMD Athlon XP 2100+ OC to 3Ghz/1.5gigs ram/128mb ti4200/120gigs hd/19" monitor/Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum EX/3072kbs Sat Con... I joined in!
BlackRat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2003 19:38
lol u guys...

Guess ill have to try somewhere else.

" If you build it they will come, so get your bottom over to: http://www.db-pro.co.uk "
Simple
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2003 21:18
Yeah but >>>

700mb webspace
19GB bandwidth

For £25.00 per month ....... Ouch !! that £300 per year for web hosting.

You're about £200 too expensive.

Spec - AMD Athlon 1000mhz - 256mb DDR - Gforce2mx 400 TV out - 30gb HD - 19" Compaq - DVD rom - CDRW - Firewire - ATI TV card - All linked to another PC with higher spec
Bitmap
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2003 21:21
It's only 270 a year sicne you get a 10% discount

Where did you find your offer, Simple?

thy boss
BlackRat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2003 01:48
Hehe..

I totally understand what you are saying, however, quality comes at a price. We use only the best hardware, we give the best support, and best everything really. Most companies will happily offer you a meaty looking package at a low price, but they dont offer the support, or the quality. To tell you the truth, most companies done give a damn about wether your happy or not. They often have hidden charges, minimum contracts, set up fees, no money back guarantee, no extras...nothing.

As people say, you only get what you pay for, and its true.

Unlike many people, I aint in it JUST for the money, in fact, the money is only a small portion. The main reason is to have the chance to offer quality services, and the cost DOES reflect this. Hosting companies who offer these big packages at low prices are laughing. They know damn well they arent giving quality. I, on the other hand, do.

Anyway.. with the 10% off, PLUS the darkbasic users discount, it doesnt cost that much more.

See Y'all

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2003 02:11
I don't think the Bladehost offer is that bad, if you want loadsa space and bandwidth you're probably doin it proffessionally, and don't mind paying more. The £4.95 a month one is good for beginnerss because the bandwidth is higher than most people offer

Simple thats a good deal you've got, I pay £16 a month for the same thing, but its on Microsoft Proffessional Hosting, which personally I prefer (altho some ppl strongly argue lol)

* If the apocalypse comes, email me *
Simple
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2003 02:19
I understand what you're saying to.... and I wish you the best of luck in your venture.

And YES, you are right... there are a lot of companies out there that just want your money, but don't want to give you the support.

I've found this out over the last few days, as I've been searching through loads of them looking for a decent host.

But with this hosting company I'm getting one2one support, no hidden charges, no minimum contract, no set up fees etc etc.

Plus I get all this >>

950mb Space with ability to password protect ANY folder
40gb Bandwidth
Unlimited E-mails, FTP and MySQL Databases
Unlimited SubDomains (subdomain.yourdomain.com e.g. http://orders.greatshopping.com/)
phpmyadmin
Personal CGI Bin
PHP 4
Perl
SSI (Server Side Includes for use with SHTML)
Telnet and SSH access (remote access via telnet possible)
Full control panel with uploading abilities
Custom 404 and other error pages via control panel
Analog and Webaliser website statistics
Many e-mail controls such as forwarders, auto responders and the like
Cron Job support
Domain Parking
24/7 365 Always on servers and FTP

I Sincerely wish you all the success in the world….. but at the end of the day, a lot of people will just want webspace + a little bandwidth….. and for the least amount of money possible.

Business is WAR !!!

BlackRat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2003 03:00
Hehe...to keep up with changes, I have decided to slash ALL of my hosting packages prices. You will probably find quite a bit of improvement if you visit my site at about midday tomorrow.

Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2003 07:21
i pay 80 bucks a year... 256mb bandwidth... 25 mb webspace... 5 meg pop3 account...

AMD Athlon XP 2100+ OC to 3Ghz/1.5gigs ram/128mb ti4200/120gigs hd/19" monitor/Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum EX/3072kbs Sat Con... I joined in!
Martyn Pittuck
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2003 10:06
haha

Errrm, when we get new servers i will beat all of ya!!!!

Or Southeast Creations will (the company i half own).

The Outside is a evil place to be, too much light, too much noise and too many distractions....
I went outside once and my FPS rate dropped to 5.
BlackRat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2003 12:50
Yeah yeah..

lol, well my prices aint gonna be at all bad once tehy have been sorted later on, and the DB users discounts are in place.

BlackRat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2003 13:42
Right..

All done. visit the packages page now, and you will see there is a big improvement.

DarkBASIC users may submit a personalized package request to me at: mike@bladehost.net, and they will recieve a discount.

Packages may change slightly over the coming days / weeks, but nothing too drastic now.

Dont forget...

Pay yearly and receieve a ten 10% discount, however, if a darkbasic user buys one of the preset packages, they will receive another discount on top of that.

Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2003 04:38
o_O i need better hosting... ill do that soon...

Dazzy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2003 23:27
as will I! but he already knows that!

Dazzy
DB IRC Chat irc.hashnet.org port 6667 #darkbasic
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2003 03:11
The new prices are much better. Are you having success with your DB-Pro.co.uk site BlackRat? I've said before its a very nicely presented site! Promote promote promote

BlackRat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2003 10:01
Hey,

The new prices seem to be getting shed loads of customers charging my way - which I cant say I mind hehe.

As for db-pro.co.uk, i was thinking about tranferring that to my new servers, and then everything can be dealt with from one place. My main priority at the moment is dealing with all my orders, lol! The [Dark-BASIC UK] will also be online, in its full glory very soon, with LOTS of new content

Byebye

BladeHOST.net - For all your web hosting needs!
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2003 10:06
cool man good for you

Martyn Pittuck
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2003 15:42
As for the dbpro.co.uk It still needs some work done to it, font wise.

And errr, the award you got. I would not brag too much about it as it is errrm, a crap award.

I tested it out, i gave em a non-existing site (it only had a blank page) and i got an award. And yes i got fooled by it once too.

As for the content brillient

PS Black Rat: Your avatar Doom 1,2 or 3?

The Outside is a evil place to be, too much light, too much noise and too many distractions....
I went outside once and my FPS rate dropped to 5.
BlackRat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2003 18:09
humm.. my avatar. i aint sure, i got it off here lol

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2003 20:41
lol Doom III No its 2 I think

Don't be so negative! Ur right tho cool content. Especially that Bounce game! Can't remember who it was by tho...

BlackRat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2003 20:14
heh..

When its been put on the new servers there will be much more stuff. Just lately i have been promising to update it, and i havent

I will do once it is transferred though

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 08:05:13
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 08:05:13