Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / Question with Particle Pack and Emitters

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2004 02:25
Hello.

I have a small problem with the Particles. I want them to fade out over time, but there doesn't seem to be a call for that.

If that doesn't work, I would like to do this. Create a sphere (or circle) of particles along the x axis. When you create the sphere (or circle) have it have a radius of about 100, and the particles are created randomly at any point from center to the outer rim. Create about 50 particles, and then have them float down into the ground. I only want this to happen once.

What you will end up with is a emitter that instantly creates a large "puff of smoke" then fade down into the ground. Useful for footsteps on the ground, where as floating up and away would be good for running.

The issue I am having with the second one is that it's always creating new particles. Is there a flag that I am missing that allows me to just run the emitter once, and not respawn?

Thanks in advance.

-This...is my boomstick!
Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2004 08:11
Quote: "but there doesn't seem to be a call for that."

Look into the key-frame commands (or color keys, I cannot remember what they are called). You can set particles' colour to change over time. Gradually fade the alpha component from 255 to 0 and the particle will fade out.

BlueGUI:Windows UI Plugin - All the power of the windows interface in your DBPro games.
Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2004 11:05
Thanks Rob K. Also, where are those 2 form modules for the BlueIDE you said you would look for?

-This...is my boomstick!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 08:59:06
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 08:59:06