Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / Hit a snag, could use some help plz

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I made a 3d object in 3DS and converted it to an X file. I then loaded the file in dark basic. When i ran the program all i got was a blue screen. When i used object exist it said the object was there. When i looked at the dimensions of the object they came back 0,0,0. Anybody have any idea what i did wrong?
Ugml Kraknek of Bristlebane
Years of Service
User Offline
could it perhaps be that i took several objects and grouped them, but didnt make them a single object?

yosepp
Years of Service
User Offline
the object could be super small, so you can't see it, or super big,so you start inside it. I have the same problem with some object's. maybe they are too high detailed.

fire, fire, fire
-"Cornholio" alias Beavis
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2003 16:18
they r never too small coz the camera zooms in to a specific amount when the object is loaded...make sure you have 'auto cam on' in your source before u load the object

xxxpetratxxx
B. R. W
cloud
Years of Service
User Offline
try scaling the model it works all the time for me and xxxpetratxxx the camera doesn't always zoom in i usually have to scale mine to see then so some times it just is to small to see and autocam follows the last object made.

cloud
Years of Service
User Offline
TRIED THESE THINGS, NONE SEEM TO WORK.
OBJECT EXIST(1)=1
OBJECT SIZE X(1)=0
OBJECT SIZE Y(1)=0
OBJECT SIZE Z(1)=0
WOULDN'T THIS MEAN THAT THE OBJECT IS THERE, BUT INFINITELY SMALL AND THEREFORE UNSCALEABLE? ZERO MULTIPLIED BY AND SCALE VALUE WILL STILL EQUAL ZERO.

Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2003 00:35
ok! wooahhw..

xxxpetratxxx
B. R. W
Dr DooMer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2003 01:41
Right - you made the model in 3D Studio Max, but what did you use to export it to .x format?

I personally use the "conv3ds.exe" program, but there is a good (albeit slightly complex) plugin exporter for Max called "Panda DirectX". You could also use a program called 3D Explorer (I think that's the name) or the built-in converter program.

Also, you aren't trying to export any other than a mesh, are you? When in Max, right click on your object(s) and select "Convert to mesh". I've never tried it, but perhaps Max can't export NURBS or patches.

"I am a living, thinking entity who was created in the sea of information."
Years of Service
User Offline
I used the 3DS2X command to convert my file to the x format

Years of Service
User Offline
ALSO TRIED CONVERTING IT TO A MESH, THAT DIDNT SEEM TO WORK EITHER. DOES THE OBJECT YOU LOAD HAVE TO BE A SINGLE OBJECT OR CAN U LOAD AN ENTIRE SCENE AT ONCE?

Dr DooMer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2003 03:43
You should be able to export whole scenes. Try this:

Make a cube or something in Max and export that, without doing anything to it, as a .3ds and then convert to a .x file. If you get the same problem with this, then there's something wrong with your converter or the method you're using to convert. This should help narrow down your problem.

Oh, and make sure you have caps lock off whenever type up a post. I don't mind, but there's probably some people out there that would relish the chance to flame you for doing allcaps posts.

"I am a living, thinking entity who was created in the sea of information."
Years of Service
User Offline
woot ty. I got it, the problem i wasnt exporting, silly me. Thanks for all your input guys

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 01:57:15
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 01:57:15