Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / .x files worked with DB Pro demo but not retail

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I made some .x 3d objects using Max and exporting them and they worked fine in DB Pro demo version. Now I have the retail version and the same .x files are causing the exe file not to run (after checking using the debugger).

I tried a sample .x file that comes with the example projects and they work fine.

Does anyone have or can point me in the direction of a .x exporter that is working fine with v4 Max and retail DB Pro?
Soyuz
Years of Service
User Offline
I have tried the exporter from the DirextX 8.1 SDK

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2003 22:30
Have you installed the latest patches over the retail version? That might help I convert models in Milkshape, simply because it supports so many

* If the apocalypse comes, email me *
Soyuz
Years of Service
User Offline
I have installed the patch and it seems hunky dory now. Cheers

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2003 05:01
No problem

* If the apocalypse comes, email me *
Viroscope
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2003 10:14
THe .X format does work with retail. And there is actually a Plugin for Lightwave to export strait to .X format. And please don't export to .3ds and then to .X it makes the models look sick. With .X models in DB you don't have to Triple the polygons like is req. for .3ds. (http://www.dstorm.co.jp/dslib/plg70e.html Very bottom of the page) You can export the model textured and all but the .jpg or .bmp must be in the same Directory Db's choice. but in order for you to export with textures and to actually see the models in Db, you shoult choose text as the export option not binary also do not choose (Expot Mesh normals --Loads in Db no problem except you can't see it) and that's it Plus The export you can choose to convert the texture to different file fomats ( a nice quik and time saver) ------ Now does any one know how to keep the camera on the back side of your model -3rd person View

Soyuz
Years of Service
User Offline
Interesting, I've been exporting .x as binary from Max and the models show up ok. Except some of them lose the texture data when cloned while others don't. Think I'll try as txt see if that helps.

not sure on that 3rd person thing I'm afraid.

Viroscope
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2003 23:12
Alright and actually i Figured out the 3rd person problem thank for the second thought though.

Will only use lightwave for my modeling.
and The game is in progress when i get somewhere with it i'll post uh stuff: I am sleepy.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 19:38:42
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 19:38:42