Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / Blue UI 2.0 Problems - Help Viewer Application

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2004 06:33
Hello,

I Hope someone can help to fix the help viewer sample application and the precompiled one suffers from this problem as well, you can click on the links in the webbrowser gadget and it opens the items so you can read them, but when you click on items in the tree list view, those items are not opened in the web gadget... I have looked at the source, but can not figure out what to change to fix this problem, it all appears right to me..

Can someone have a look at it, and see if we can fix this, or can Robert Knight, shoot me an email with an updated fixed version as I would like to use this as a tool to help me while I learn to use BlueUI for my map editor interface, and my property editors etc..

Thanks,

Ken Registered Blue UI 2.0 User.

storm3@twlakes.net

[PKE] Pain Killa Entertainment(tm) [PKE]
Pain Brings Reality...
JerBil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2004 12:29 Edited at: 12th Nov 2004 12:31
StOrM3, I just got BlueGUI too, and I found the problem to be that the gui.dba file was not properly referenced in the darkbasic editor.

On the right side of the editor, select Files (at the bottom,) and see if there is a line in that window with gui.dba. If it does not show it in the directory you are running the example from, the program won't work. In mine, it was showing it in a directory I
was playing with earlier.

To fix it, delete that line and then select Browse and Open gui.dba.
This will add the file to the program. At the top of the editor window, there is a little area with a down arrow next to it. Drop that down and select main.dba to return to the main program code.

Now save all, and the program should work. The gui.dba file has the constants needed by BlueGUI to read messages from windows. You can look at it with notepad to see what is in it.

-JerBil
StOrM3
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2004 08:40 Edited at: 13th Nov 2004 11:18
Thank you very much Jerbil, for the quick response, I can't believe noone else noticed this, or posted about it, and I can't believe Robert sent his new blueUI 2.0 out with a faulty help viewing system.. heheh just kidding robert. Cheers.. looks good so far.

Although, there is another problem I just found with it, now the examples and sample applications, it will not open those files, says they can not be found, when I tell it to open in another window, I can get the path to the files, and the path it has, does not exist, that I can find..

Wonder if someone can figure a fix for this ?

Pain Brings Reality...
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2004 10:26
Quote: " I can't believe noone else noticed this"

I knew about it, but didn't want to complain, so I was using the demo version of the help viewer.

Click the sig
Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2004 22:26
Quote: "and I can't believe Robert sent his new blueUI 2.0 out with a faulty help viewing system.. heheh just kidding robert."

It works on my build, I must have made a mistake when exporting it. Unfortunately if nobody tells me, I cannot fix it.

Quote: "Although, there is another problem I just found with it, now the examples and sample applications, it will not open those files, says they can not be found,"

I don't understand, can you explain? Make sure you have extracted the contents of the downloaded .zip file onto your PC first before attempting to open the examples.

BlueGUI:Windows UI Plugin - All the power of the windows interface in your DBPro games.
JerBil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2004 14:04
Here's the error for the help example & why it works for you.
BTW, I really like BlueGUI, nice work, and thanks for getting
it to me quickly.

-JerBil

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2004 22:13
Ack, sorry guys. The Help Viewer is the only application which I worked on in the default editor (which uses absolute paths in certain cases).

BlueGUI:Windows UI Plugin - All the power of the windows interface in your DBPro games.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 18:00:20
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 18:00:20