Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / Lock object on

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Whenever I use the lock object on command, the object just seems to dissapear. And its not just my code, the 3D tutorials that come with the box don't work either: the HUD and the gun which are supposed to be locked on to the screen just dont appear. Any suggestions to get it to work? As far as I know the command was working before. Have I changed a setting in DB which I shouldn't have? Thanks for any help.

Bob Rocks
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2003 00:49
happens with me too

xxxpetratxxx
B. R. W
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2003 00:52
make any guns or media a limb and attach it this way.

lock on seems to do that to everyone.

The Darthster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2003 00:57
Works for me. Sometimes the scale of the locked on object messes up, so you have to position it <1 unit in each direction, or re-scale it or something.
Dr DooMer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2003 01:13
I gave up using the lock object command in favour of my own coded alternative; it gives me more freedom over the objects and probably works faster as well.

"I am a living, thinking entity who was created in the sea of information."
hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2003 23:45
yeah i agree with darthster, it's either the scale of your object or it's position in the screen (in most cases the z-depth, which must be > 1)

your birth was a blessing, sent to live and die on earth as a lesson, we each have a star all you have to do is find it, once you do, everyone who sees it will be blinded - DMX

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 02:20:38
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 02:20:38