Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / Nuclear Glory - RESP_NONE Question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2004 23:41
I bet this has been answered before, but I cant seem to locate it.

Anyway, I am having no luck using RESP_NONE collision type with one of my objects. When my moving object collides with the RESP_NONE object it stops in stead of going right through it.

I am trying to create a hot spot. I am using ELLIP_2_POLY for this collision does it have to be ELLIP_2_ELLIP for RESP_NONE to work correctly? I hope not, because the object wont well with an ELLIP.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2004 04:00
Have you got some sample code? It works fine for me, I use RESP_NONE for waypoints.

BatVink
http://biglaugh.co.uk/catalog AMD 3000+ Barton, 512Mb Ram, 120 Gig Drive space, GeForce 5200 FX 128 Mb, Asus A7N8X Mobo.
Terms & Conditions apply
Boy_K
Years of Service
User Offline
I used SetCollisionsPro set mode to RESP_NONE in V.3 , I got result as RESP_STICK
( but it OK in V.2 and ELLIP_2_ELLIP )
( V.2 RESP_NONE = 5 , V.3 RESP_NONE = 6 )

I already code at NGC Bug report

kaband
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2004 22:45
Thanks for the help guys. I should get an example up here.

Let me try your code and see if it works for me. If it doesnt then I will post my code.

Is it a problem though, if you are loading a directx object. I notice in your code you are creating objects within DBP, but I wonder if resp_none is not working on objects which are loaded. I will play with it and see if I can.

Boy_K, I think you included your serial for nuclear glory in your source post. Probably should remove it.

Thanks,
Justin
Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2004 12:55
Quote: "Boy_K, I think you included your serial for nuclear glory in your source post. Probably should remove it."

For future reference I wouldn't make a post telling everyone that. Either email the person who posted it (if email addy is given) or email rich or one of the other mods to have it deleted. Most people overlook stuff like that in source boxes but if someone posts it then everyone gets it. It is really odd that you can't edit source boxes anyway Once the offending code has been removed you can post a warning to the person for future code posts.

On another note. If you use
while coding it will help keep things like this from happening. The game will still run the same and the demo time limit is long enough for testing. You can then put your serial key in when finished coding to do away with the time limit.

kaband
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2004 23:05
Quote: "For future reference I wouldn't make a post telling everyone that. Either email the person who posted it (if email addy is given"

Good point. I was just trying to help. Emailing is a better idea.
Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2004 04:26
Yeah too bad we can't edit our own code boxes

Steele
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2004 06:54
NGC confirmed this as a bug. I noticed it too and posted a bug fix when I thought it was a rotation issue at first.

Steele

-- I straddle the line between genius and insanity. Guess which side I am on now? --

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 03:56:09
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 03:56:09