Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / C++ Builder - Java - Net Studio 2002

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2004 17:02
Hello all together !
I have some questions about the great idea of the sdk:
1. One of the fastes C++-Compilers is the C++Builder from Borland (faster than MS C++). Will it be supportet in the future ?
2. Java is the best language for big projects and good programming structure and only with a small portion of C++-Programming-Problems (Bugs, Memory...). It's not the fastet one, but it will be faster and its better. Is there a chance to support this language ?
3. I bought in the past Microsoft Studio 2002 (C++, C#, VB.NET) - and never used it really becaus of it's disadvantages against Java. Did anyone know if this is working with the SDK ?

Thank you for information !
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2004 17:33 Edited at: 4th Dec 2004 17:34
1. Unfortunately Microsoft wont let Borland modify the DirectX interface for use in their compilers (plus they use a different linking system). Most people do their own DX fiddlin', so its doubtful.
2. Doubtful
3. Never heard of it, so I dont know.

Walk softly... and carry a big gun...
gdogg2k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2004 03:43
are u sure its not visual studio 2003?

Regards
Da Dogg
Jimmy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2004 03:51
To the people of the south wind, to the people of the southern wind.

I've compiled a DX8 project in Builder, but there was a lot of crap involved and even if you got DX9 SDK to work I doubt you could get Dark SDK to work without some more aggrivating prodding.

Remember, Jimmy still loves you.
South Wind
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2004 02:20

Thanks for the answers !
The MS Software is:
Microsoft Development Environment 2002 with Microsoft .NET Framework 1.0 and includes VB.NET, C++ and C#
Short: Microsoft Studio .NET

Anyone knews this or uses it for the SDK ?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 18:19:35
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 18:19:35