Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / if i buy DGSDK now can i upgrade to DevC++ Version when it is complete

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2004 05:09
hi
if i buy DGSDK now can i upgrade to DevC++ Version when it is complete for free.

Jesse Farr
MiR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2004 05:26
Yes. It will be the same program supporting more compilers.

A bargain at 900000€ second hand
Libera tu mente y te liberaras.
Mnemonix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2004 06:05
I have been told by Mike and Ravey that you can update for free.

The 3d chat is coming...
Rights For Traffic Cones!
the_winch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2004 06:57
I would never buy a product that doesn't do what you want based on the assumption that it will become what you want.
What if they have trouble getting the dev-c++ version working and it takes months or worse they decide not to bother because there is hardly any demand?

Quote: "this is not a quote"
SoulMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2004 08:09 Edited at: 7th Dec 2004 08:12
I think there is plenty of demand. Besides, you are not buying a programming language. You are buying an SDK, Software Development Kit.
Typically, they try to get support going for many different compilers in today's world. You can't have just one compiler anymore. Different compilers meet different needs. I got more use out of Visual C++ 6 than I did with C++.net. When it came time to choose a new IDE, I went with Dev-C++. I find it does a better job for what I want. While it's true that some people will find more use out of Visual C++.net than they will with Dev-C++, I think Dev-C++ does a better job because it is using a clean version of C++. Microsoft usually tries to define their own standard of how a language should be and that doesn't always work out for them(Woooo). Visual C++.net 2003 does a better job of getting closer to the standard, I think it is still tainted.

Which brings me to my closing point...

If Mike and Ravey says they are going to do something, they will. Have you been reading Mike's journal and the post I just put up? He just answered that he has been working the bugs out and getting it ready.
Besides, I highly doubt that it will too much work to get it to work. You can already compile Direct X 9 programs in Dev-C++.
SoulMan

This is as backwards as is This
Peter H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2004 22:21
Quote: "I would never buy a product that doesn't do what you want based on the assumption that it will become what you want."

what if you want it for christmas?

that would be a valid reason...you wouldn't want you parents to buy you it then have no DevC++ support

"We make the worst games in the universe."

The Wendigo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2004 09:43
Quote: "there is hardly any demand"

Then let me voice my support! I will only buy this if one of two things happens: they add Dev C++ support and/or VB.NET support, or I get VC++ .NET.

Home of DOOP, Strata Works, and Height

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 04:57:44
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 04:57:44