Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Got the SDK did the cube and added rotation. Message pump question.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Darn those fraudsters (I've been saying this a lot) and the timezone difference. I just was able to download the SDK today and after playing with it for 10 minutes I have to goto work, but in those 10 minutes I was able to get the cube on the screen and have it rotate Awesome! So simple, elegant, and sweet!

The only thing I saw that was odd was that when you try to close the window by clicking on the "X" on the top right of the window, it seems to throw the whole thing for a loop. Are window messages handled? If not, should we do our own PeekMessage() calls and set up our own command pump? Or, is there a message pump built into the library - didn't have time to look.

Great have to goto work now 9 hours before I can come home and really start playing with the SDK. But so far so awesome and so sweet! Kudos to the devs.
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2004 04:10
Need to call LoopSDK I beleive.

Paul.

Home of the Cartography Shop - DarkBASIC Professional map importer
Mike Johnson
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2004 05:13
That's right - you need to include a call to "LoopSDK" at some point in your program. This will allow the program to check for any windows messages.

Mike
Jizzah
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks guys I'll look into it tonight. I'm hoping from my old Wind32 days I can still create my long switches to handle all the WM_ messages windows generates. But I'll look at it only 4 hours from now until I get home to look at it.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 22:32:04
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 22:32:04