Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / QUESTION: SDK OOP classes?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2004 18:09
My question:
Shall I wait for an update (where no IDs will be used) or shall I start to write my own Objects?
(So I can use pointers like
"pActiveCamera" that I can send to my functions. (this is what I am doing right now but I dont know if I can kill all the stuff when the update is out) )

Here is an example of what I want to do:
Example Camera handling:

Is this "useful" or shall I wait for the update?

Thanks in advance
Smithy (dgSDK newb)
aka [DaB] DaByte

PS: WHEN can I post without waiting several hours until my post will actually be posted (moderation)??? I am registred for several days now! It is VERY annoying! Otherwise the community is very nice so far

//Pentium IV 3200E/Prescott; 800Mhz FSB; Hyperthreading; WinXP Pro (!XP2); ATI R9700PRO; 1024MB RAM (2x 512MB "DualChanneled"; VC++; Delphi; ADSL;
billy the kid
Years of Service
User Offline
According to some thread I saw, the time limit is a secret. I have no idea why its a secret. The time limit does make sense to me, but the secrecy is quite strange imo. Must be a British thing.
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2004 00:54
Quote: "Must be a British thing"

Yes, we are rather secretive about these things...

Beware the cat... The alien... The heretic...
MiR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2004 00:56
I guess it´s so any spammers don´t register, wait the desonated time and then spam. I have a feeling though that the aprovel thing isn´t just time based but also post based.

A bargain at 900000€ second hand
Libera tu mente y te liberaras.
Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2004 01:05
Quote: "I am registred for several days now! "

Unfortunately the forum suffered some fairly heavy spamming in the early part of this year.

I am sworn to secrecy on the exact length of the time limit, but you haven't got too long to go

BlueGUI:Windows UI Plugin - All the power of the windows interface in your DBPro games.
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2004 01:41
Quote: "Shall I wait for an update (where no IDs will be used) or shall I start to write my own Objects?"

Write your own. I don't know whether Mike is going to make the SDK OO or not, but even if he does, you can simply make your classes into wrappers for the SDK classes.

*** Coming soon - Network Plug-in - Check my site for info ***
For free Plug-ins and source code http://www.matrix1.demon.co.uk
SoulMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2004 02:11
IanM,
From what I have read, that is the direction he is taking it. Why else would he give us access to pointers and such for objects? It would make much more sense.
SoulMan

This is as backwards as is This
Smithy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2004 02:12
Quote: "billy the kid: "Must be a British thing""

*laughs*... ehr...*cough* *cough*

Quote: "Rob K: "Unfortunately the forum suffered some fairly heavy spamming in the early part of this year.
" "

Yeah,.. how would someone want to spam this great forums!!!
A crazy world we're living inna yes?
(seriously, I understand and will wait)

Quote: "IanM: "Write your own. I don't know whether Mike is going to make the SDK OO or not, but even if he does, you can simply make your classes into wrappers for the SDK classes.""

Ok, many thanks.

//Pentium IV 3200E/Prescott; 800Mhz FSB; Hyperthreading; WinXP Pro (!XP2); ATI R9700PRO; 1024MB RAM (2x 512MB "DualChanneled"; VC++; Delphi; ADSL;
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2004 02:54
@Soulman,

I think that Mike was talking about passing back a pointer to the structures that hold the DBPro 3D object - I was playing with that in the last unreleased version of my interface library. The additions that were made to the DBPro DLLs would accept a pointer to take various actions on those object. There were no member functions on those structs, except for the odd constructor/destructor.

*** Coming soon - Network Plug-in - Check my site for info ***
For free Plug-ins and source code http://www.matrix1.demon.co.uk

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 11:02:24
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 11:02:24