Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Bump Mapping

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have been messing around with maps sphere maps etc.

And I can't get bump mapping working. I notice on the samples supplied with DGSDK they show a Demos with Sphere mapping, Rainbow Shading, Cartoon Shading, Reflective etc. but no bump mapping. Has anyone managed to get it working in DGSDK, or is this a temporary bug.

Just so I can stop getting frustrated thinking it is something I am doing.

/kz
KarlZ
Years of Service
User Offline
I suppose I should mention the problem I am having.

When I apply a map to an object, the object disappears.

/kz
Morcilla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2004 00:20
That happened to me, I think it is because the bump map you are providing for the effect is not right.

Remember that it must be created with some tool (ati..,nvidia...,photoshop plugins...) I do not remember the name of the format, but I can tell you that the output look like some kind of purple color mix, using as source in the tool a greyscale map.

Don't expect too much even if you accomplish it. The effect could be improved. Also again ensure your card is capable, bla bla bla
KarlZ
Years of Service
User Offline
The thing is I have never had that problem using darkbasic pro, regardless of the map used. However I did use a tool to make the map you are talking about "some kinda purple colour mix"

Usually if the bump map doesn't work well it just looks normal, but in my case the whole object is missing or more likely isn't being rendered.

My graphic card (Geforce fx5700) does support bump maps and if I apply the map using deep exploration 3d, it work really well.

Have you actually got it to work with DGSDK?
Morcilla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2004 22:37
Sorry, but I realize now that I tested it only on DBPro.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 02:36:12
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 02:36:12