Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / dbGetFileName, Is it me ?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2004 20:52
hey all,

playing around with DGSDK an I came across this error when trying to read a directory.

Main.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "char * __cdecl dbGetFileName(void)" (?dbGetFileName@@YAPADXZ)

using the code

I haven't used DB since back at like 1.09 or so, my old code is the DBC equal to this an works. Anyone else have this trouble? Am I over looking something? or is there an error in the lib itself.

Any help would be muchly welcomed.
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2004 22:03
It does appear to be a problem with the library (plus the documentation is incorrect for dbGetFileName too).

Beware the cat... The alien... The heretic...
Stevil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2004 05:36
Thought as much, I don't use the documentation to much. I find alot of it is wrong or missing, plus I remember alot of DB and bits of DBpro so not really needed

Thanks heaps for confirming that for me.
Stevil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2004 07:04
Ok, its confirmed I'm not stupid (well that I wasn't wrong at least). Are people checking this forum for bugs/mistakes? The bugs section states its only for DBpro. I'm sure this being a new product there will be many little bugs like this (seen a couple of people having similar problems). Maybe we should get our own special section which isn't for anyone else? Since we are so special an all.
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2004 18:05
Yes, its a question that has sent the best philosophers mad - do we post bugs here or in the bugs forum ?

For the time being, I think it would be best to post DarkSDK bugs here...

Beware the cat... The alien... The heretic...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 14:42:20
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 14:42:20