Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Splash Screen vs. Popup

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2004 22:46
It's my understanding that the current plan is to have a popup at the end of games created with the freeware version of FPSC (like 3D GM does).

Is there any way we can beg you (or even pay a few dollars extra - very few) to create a nice looking splash screen instead? The license would be the same that you could only distribute free games with that version, but it wouldn't look so cheesy or like you are using evaluation software. If we buy this product to make freeware games, it shouldn't look like we are violating a license by doing so, which the popup, in my opinion, does.

www.OTSsoftware.com
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2004 23:18
It's not a pop-up (like T3DGM). It's just a screen shown before the game fades out and quits back to Windows. It's also quite inoffensive at the moment, consisting of little more than a logo and a couple of words of text.

"I am not young enough to know everything."
- Oscar Wilde
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2004 23:34
An identical splash screen at the beginning would look very nice - although it suppose it won't happen because people expect to have logos at the beginning - whereas a screen at the end actually makes an impact?

Get 15 new commands, all the date / time commands left out of DBPro for free!
DOWNLOAD PLUGINS HERE: http://www.davidtattersall.me.uk/ and select "DarkBasic"
OTS Software
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2004 01:26
Quote: "It's not a pop-up (like T3DGM). It's just a screen shown before the game fades out and quits back to Windows. It's also quite inoffensive at the moment, consisting of little more than a logo and a couple of words of text."

That sounds much better. I would agree with David that it would be better at the beginning, but at least it sounds like it isn't as "ugly" as the 3D GM popup.

Thanks.

www.OTSsoftware.com
Noah
Years of Service
User Offline
Didn't one of the other forum threads say it would be "customizable"? I'm not exactly sure how customizable it would be, though.
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2004 20:42
I wouldn't count on it.

"I am not young enough to know everything."
- Oscar Wilde

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 06:45:31
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 06:45:31