Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Got a few more questions about FPSC.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
1. When I start up my game is it possible to have a small video clip play? The video clip would be for a logo, or the intro to the game.

2. Will there be a generic loading screen provided or can i make my own custom loading screen?

3. Someone asked about cutscenes. Now I know you cant make them in the FPSC, but if I made a cutscene and recorded it as a video file in some other program, could I play that in between a level?

4. Can models interact with surroundings? (Fire burns enemy, piston kills enemy, etc etc)...Im guessing the scripting system would allow that, but id like an official statement. (*if thats not too much trouble )

Comics and Games-Bread and Butter.
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2004 17:52
Quote: "1. When I start up my game is it possible to have a small video clip play? The video clip would be for a logo, or the intro to the game."

You can definately customise sreens that appear - I don't know to what detail.

Quote: "2. Will there be a generic loading screen provided or can i make my own custom loading screen?"

I think it'll be possible to make your own.

Quote: "3. Someone asked about cutscenes. Now I know you cant make them in the FPSC, but if I made a cutscene and recorded it as a video file in some other program, could I play that in between a level?"

Same as bove - there's limited scope for scripting that sort of thing. I seem to remember somebody saying FMV wasn't supported though.

Quote: "4. Can models interact with surroundings? (Fire burns enemy, piston kills enemy, etc etc)...Im guessing the scripting system would allow that, but id like an official statement. (*if thats not too much trouble )"

You could create a kill zone where the fire is, that'd harm the player. And you couold attah a simple script to the fire working out the distance between it and an enemy and if so the hurt them.

Get 15 new commands, all the date / time commands left out of DBPro for free!
DOWNLOAD PLUGINS HERE: http://www.davidtattersall.me.uk/ and select "DarkBasic"
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2004 18:31
You could always chain executables...

Beware the cat... The alien... The heretic...
Cloud of Crows Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "You could always chain executables..."

A viable option, but only if the chaining will pass variables.

For example say I end level 1 with 80% health, a shotgun with 7 shells, and an assualt rifle with 42 rounds... now after the cutscene plays and the next level loads will I still have these or will everything have to be reset to default (say 100% health and a pistol with unlimited ammo)

Of course I realize you can specify the start weapon(s) for a level, but thats not really the same thing.

In some cases it would be valid to "Refresh" a character after a cutscene... this happens quite often in the game Halo, but it's not always what the designer intended.
Game Freak10K
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks y'all!
PogoPogo youve posed an interesting question, ill elaborate:
Is it possible to control how much health and weapons the player has when switching between levels?

Just one more question (I dont mean to pester):
Its been said that scripts control everything....so that means I can have a medic hidden in a level somewhere, and when I find him hell give me a health boost (say Im below 50%) and hell talk and stuff when I press 'ENTER' near him? Or have a soldier hand me some ammo, or armor? (That would be AWESOME!!!)

Again thanks for the answers. (Now ive got even more work to do!)

Comics and Games-Bread and Butter.
Noah
Years of Service
User Offline
You could probably do that. How hard it would be, I don't know.
Coldnews
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2004 21:37
Quote: "Its been said that scripts control everything....so that means I can have a medic hidden in a level somewhere, and when I find him hell give me a health boost (say Im below 50%) and hell talk and stuff when I press 'ENTER' near him? Or have a soldier hand me some ammo, or armor? (That would be AWESOME!!!)
"

Yeah that should be possible. It seems like the scripting language is really flexible.

-------------------------------------
www.ColdNews.co.uk - the worlds first solo band.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 03:11:00
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 03:11:00