Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Zelda: The Shadow Pyramid

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2003 03:23

More comming Soon...
Anata aru kowagaru no watashi! http://members.lycos.co.uk/timesaga/ssj2.gif[/img]
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2003 03:24
- please not the ftp->http is shut down everyday between 1am-4am GMT
if the image doesn't show then please try again later

Anata aru kowagaru no watashi!
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2003 14:25
oki the site is back up ... now i've got a little while before i get back to working on this.

What is this to be?
Well you have 72hours to figure that out for yourselves

rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2003 15:36
well letse, it's a zelda game, about a shadow pyramid... and your little trademark thing at the end may conflict with Nintendo's trademark on Zelda.

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Kousen Dev Progress >> Currently Working On Editors
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2003 15:38
Very good! I'm a great Zelda fan - and hopefully this will be exactly the smes as Ocarine of Time. What are the in game graphics like? How similar are the models?

Visit [url]www.lightning-systems.co.uk[/url] :: [url]www.realgametools.net/forums[/url]
UberTuba
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2003 16:39
The game wwould have 2 be freeware, othererwise ninty could
(and probably will) sue you, for a tm infringement

Life is a terminal disease.
You never survive it.
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2003 23:29
Vegeta: If you're planning on making a new Zelda yourself, good luck I'd love 2 see if some1 could capture the escence of the series Watch out for the evil Nintyman tho

If this is a shot from a new/old unreleased official game I haven't heard of, tell me more! I love Zelda

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2003 23:34
Copyright and Legal issues are purely for me to worry about, which i'm not

i'm going to give a little insight to what is comming now... the PR shot shows more than you can just see!

well kiddies, only another 60 odd hours to go

hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2003 13:39
how many hours have we got left to wait? every second is painfull!!!

your birth was a blessing, sent to live and die on earth as a lesson, we each have a star all you have to do is find it, once you do, everyone who sees it will be blinded - DMX
rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2003 14:44
actually, freeware or not, Nintendo could still sue. But somehow, I think they would secretly encourage such fan games...

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2003 18:14
aww... someones counting the hours.
Well this is probably gonna be a nice dagger in that heart of yours cause you can tack on another 24hours.
I forgot i hadn't coloured something for Rose, and sorry guys but her project is more important than any of my own right now.

But i'll see about showing something later to try to ease the pain

and Raps is right ... yet Raven still not worried
:: has a look like he is upto something BIG ::

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2003 18:31

stupid typos ... and this is another reason i like Microsoft IDE hehee

rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2003 22:56
Oh right, Rose, I forgot How is her project coming anyway?

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2003 01:41
I've done quite a bit on the little i had, i mean i had a paragraph of a story with 4 characters and a simple Bitmap Map...
Now it has a complete starting sequence planned out (and story boarded), 7 main charaters, 4 Races, a full map which i'm likely to release soon to the public to see (upto Rose) ... an LOD Patch Terrain of the map
Several castles roughly sketched, characters roughly sketched, Main Character almost fully modelled with textures and weaponry, a few (possible) world items, the first challenge concept done as well as the area concept, story concept AND the majority of the modelling and textures complete :: takes a breath ::
Oh yeah and i've completed a Mesh Bone Animator (with DB Ehd plugin dba) and possibly the General Gameplay done, that is if Rose will want to use the Zelda Engine

so ya know i've been a busy lil beaver, but there is only so much i can do within a back and forth showing of work with Rose and like her opinion on what she wants, what she doesn't, howto intergrate the challenges, possible educational challenges (i've tried but everything i think up i think is a lil too complex to code quickly and|or for little kids about 6-13years)

But i think making a side project which gives me a break from the main one, yet at the same time is actually helping the development of the main project quite alot if fun

If anyone can wait until 8am GMT i'll see about getting up some first sight screenshots ... as I want a demo for Wednesday - i think everyone should have an opinion on atleast the graphics at this stage.
I actually have had the stupid idea today to actually rather than copying the graphics from the N64, i'm going to improve them slightly. What i meant to myself by that i'm not sure - this is where it turns into a CGR affair needing a super computer to run LMAO (j|k)

I'm sure ya'll all be interested atleast in how this turns out, because it appears tha Ocarina was THE most loved version of Zelda. Personally i think all of them have been fantastic including the new one i got to play test recently. Gotta say, on screenshots the graphics look crap - its one of those games that if you don't see in action you do miss out on. Would have prefer'd to see an updating on Zelda64 graphics rather than the new style, i mean Mask of Majora has truely awesome graphics - but what can ya do (MAKE YOUR OWN! - DarkBasic Crew) hehee

alrighty well if i plan to get something presentable done i best stop writing and get on with it. Wish me luck

rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2003 14:38
Ocarina was excellent.
Majora's Mask was a great game in itself, but I thought it was a terrible Zelda game.
Wind Waker looks crappy, but I'm sure it will be fun in action.

Anyway, I agree, if I were to make a Zelda game it would be like Ocarina.

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2003 19:52
Wind-walker is GREAT once you play it, and the graphics are actually really impressive. Plus it comes with a graphically improved Gamecube version of Ocarina for FREE!!!! AND another game which was planned for release on 64DD but was dropped when the system failed! Bargain of the year

Vegeta: Hurry up! I'm looking forward to seeing how this one will work

rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2003 22:55
WHAT??? WHERE DID YOU GET THIS INFO???
Are you bull-$hitting me? Because if you are... I'll be most dissapointed.
Ocarina on GC... yumm
You better not be lying

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Kentaree
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2003 00:15
Kangaroo2 is right Raps, Zelda Ocarina of Time and Zelda 64DD: Gaiden are on a seperate disc, in Japan at least.

Whatever I did I didn't do it!
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2003 00:47
YEP and TODAY - THIS VERY DAY they have been confirmed for the USA and European versions too!!! A bonus disk with an improved version of the BEST Zelda game ever, a NEW classic adventure lost in the hands of time, and a NEW REDESIGNED Cel-Shaded Myamoto masterpiece! All for te price of one game The Industry mag Famitsu in Japan game it 10 out of 10 and that hardly EVER happens. Glad its not just me who's excited at the prospect Raps

And where did I get my info? Digitiser - the ONLY source of Videogames news you need - FREE on Teletext daily (Page 175 on Channel 4 - Its amazing, been going 10 years now!) Ooops sorry you can't get that outside of the Uk

Kentaree
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2003 01:36
USA and Europe too? Thank you Kangaroo2, you just made my millenium. Just wondering though, is it a limited edition, 'cos I thought in Japan only ppl who pre-ordered Zelda:The Windmaker got the extra 2 games...

Whatever I did I didn't do it!
Gunloader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2003 02:56
In the US it is the same as in Japane, you have to preorder it to receive the disc. In Europe they said they don't know yet. They said it will be the same as in US and Japane, or they will release the bonus disc at a cheap prize to buy like a normal game in the stores. That Info came from gbase.ch

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2003 04:36
hehee ... wow i never knew there were so many Zelda freak out there
Now i don't feel such a weirdo hehee

Man i'm gonna love to play Zelda64DD in English - i've completed it 3times ... but finally :') i can play it and fully understand it.

I mean no offense, but japanese isn't the most eliquent language in raw format. My cusion thinks its funny cause i speak it like i would english - always giggling at me when people in resturants and such give me weird looks cause i say thing funny

Wow... ya know i'm far more excited about that now than my own silly lil game
Also damn'd i've gotta think up an actual original story.
But i'll do that after i finish Ocarina as the test game

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2003 10:16
I'm still looking forward to your game Vegeta - Any new Zelda is a good prospect, especially a game made by a fan, as fan games can be so sincere

Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2003 23:27
Hey, HEY, what are you guy, daft? 'Link to the Past' was the best Zelda ever. Ocarina, although good, was far, FAR too easy, my first time playing it I beat it with out dieing once. I only resently beat 'Link to the Past' and got a ZERO, yes that's right. Never died, never saved, took 5 hrs. Now you want hard, try Zelda 2 for nes. It took 3 months, 8 hrs a day, 7 days a week, to beat it. Ocarina was nice, Mijoria's mask inspired me, but 'Link to the Past' hooked me. Anywho, I'm looking forward to yur game.

This is Truth!
This is my Belief!
...at least for now.
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2003 23:57

oki i'm working here as fast as i can, but unfortunatly i'm struggling to get this out quickly.
I keep running into problems ... i've got to remake the world format with the character interaction and visibility system. Mainly because as soon as i changed from objects to a single world the collision all fudged up.

i hope to have something worth showing in a little while, because i just started work on the N64 lookalike link rather than my basic blocks version.
as the objective is to make it as close graphically as possible to the N64 version ... i want this to be absolutly perfect before i release anything, but i'm still confident on thrusday

i'll show link as soon as i finish, which i hope will be in an hour

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2003 00:08
Hentai - (Mmm hentai anyway I digress) - I agree Link to the Past WAS great However I thought Zelda 2 on NES was the black sheep of the series, never really got the appeal. Kinda like SMB2 also - but if u know your history u'll know the reasons (GOD knows WHY they released Mario Advance 1 and SMB2 - 3 or even 1 would have done sooo much better! )

Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2003 00:34
Accully SMB2 wasn't the real SMB2. It was a defferent game that when they ported it out of Japan they tacked on Mario. The real SMB2 was later released on the SNES as part of Mario All Stars, the lost levels. Is that what you mean by history? The point about Zelda 2 I was trying to make was that it's HARD, probable half the reason it was a 'black sheep'. Anyway I've ,too, had ideas about a Zelda game, one that mimics Zelda 3's style. Show us what you got Raven, we're rooting for ya.

This is Truth!
This is my Belief!
...at least for now.
Necrum
Years of Service
User Offline
I hope Gannondorf is in your game Raven.

Just when you thought life was done beating your sorry ass down, it invites friends to help.
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2003 02:47
BOOOOOO!!!! Ganondorf is a puss! Ganon, now that's another story.

This is Truth!
This is my Belief!
...at least for now.
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2003 03:27
Zelda: Ocarina of Time

I think i'm getting closer... been editing somethings up, was hoping ot get started on Link right away but got caught up talking to Bryce - who hopefully is comming back maybe not full time but atleast part time to db
he was a fantastic asset to anyone in DB creation about a year back and it'll be good to have him back.

hopefully i can finally get started soon, but in the mean time the second of the forum which is for this Remake and the New Adventure
I know not alot yet but i'll fill fast once i finally finish the main engine.

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2003 13:33
Hentai - Bang on, give yourself a pat on the back

Vegeta - I like those forums They're the same as used by Dizzy Zone, I was thinking of setting some up the sam for my own purposes, they have some nice features. I might just program my own tho if I have time Good luck making Link, can't wait to see!

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2003 12:12
Oki i'm not going to be here until monday i'm afriad guys, and was hoping that DarkMatter (had to reorder) would've come by now so i can actually compile again.
So kinda REALLY sorry i've not got anything yet just really wracking my brains about graphics and possible particle effects and such.

Please head over to the forum and sign up so you can take part in a few poles i'm gonna run cause i REALLY want to know what your guys would like to see in this new title and demo

David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2003 16:42
Raven - are there meant to be no screens (even though it says there are) - or is it Opera?

Visit [url]www.lightning-systems.co.uk[/url] :: [url]www.realgametools.net/forums[/url]
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2003 23:16
reason for no screen is because what i'd be showing right now isn't the true game ... the Enhancements ran out and i'm currently waiting for DM from Amazon.co.uk so i can compile the game again.

All i can really show are old screenshots prior to the updates, suchas the formats which contain alpha information, the actual game models, and alike.

I've added a single shot from the current version on my site, and as you can see it isn't really much to look at right now
the only think it really has is gameplay, which is great - but not so good for screenshots hehee

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2003 01:51
Sorry Vegeta I don't mean to sound thick but why do you need DM to compile? Can't u just compile it in DBP?

rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2003 22:09
Holy crap Raven, that's a great story!

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2003 22:09
Good news on the new Zelda games as well, when can I preorder?

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2003 22:22
Store's here are taking pre-orders already - I'm not sure about in Canada

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2003 03:30
Yup EB is allowing pre-order's stateside have been for about a month now
Certainly good to hear, but i hope to god the extra games arn't using the same style of graphics - i mean i do like them but all the characters just look freaky to me lol
i mean Link looks really Chibi

i'm glad you like the story, cause there is a little more to come - as a few of the hardcore Zelda fans including the N-Zelda64 site owner are helping me out on design to make it really stand out

as for it being in DarkMatter... i was thinking of making the game in DarkBasic Professional, however as the engine is likely to be used by Rose who is now commited to DarkBasic Enhanced (DarkMatter) - i need to have it working within the less powerful engine of DB, but as i noted the demo ran out
i thought i order'd it in time cause Amazon were doing 3-5day delivery but its been a week now ho hum.

More screenshots soon thou hopefully

rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2003 05:08
CRAP! Hafta pre-order right away I guess. EB here I come!
Anywho, the bonus games are OOT style, so don't worry

I'd offer my talents to help but I'm VERY tied up at the moment, two projects, exams, my job... Counter-Strike. Oops, did I say that out loud?

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2003 14:42
oki ... later today, not sure when depends how long once i finally finish it takes to find someone to compile and send it to them - but i'll be releasing something kinda interesting to everyone.

It is something i'm using for development of Zelda and Orion's Rose ... and definatly something i know alot of your will want.

i'll see about releasing the source on my site for FMT Model Format (*.fgm) - as it relates to that
anyone who doesn't understand memblocks best start thinking about decent knowlage, cause Skeletal Animation is comming to DB Ehd & Pro

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2003 01:02
ack been trying to get some kinda GUI working for this thing which does more than simply animate ... and also had to give it another format to export other than .mdz (zelda model)

i hate creating formats, do my brain in - also no ones offere'd to compile this thing yet, i'm not entirely sure who on my lost of god knows how many actually have pro.

for now i'm gonna go with Milkshapes, labeled button style but update with real icons later - some are to have real icons - and i'm working on Max style roll outs, cause its the easiest way to compat menus with simple show|hide and scrollers

well i'm tired again (only 11pm how sad is that ... i'm starting to feel old) so i'm gonna see about getting some kip - i hope i can get this all done by tommorrow, its hard pseudo coding - or even better pro turns up tomorrow with DM

rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2003 14:07
I'll compile it! That is, if it will compile under pro, I never bought Enhanced...

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2003 14:10
Oh BTW-, did you know that Nintendo's official position is that no two Zelda games star the sam link? Nope, every Zelda game has a different story, different charactors, and a different link. In Majora's mask they hinted that it was the same link as in OOT, but the Link in "Wind Waker" will be a stranger to us. That would mean your game would be the first to fully continue a Zelda story. Now theres a piece of useless trivia!

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2003 15:17
Yep I knew that Raps, I always kinda tht of it as a cop out, but its interesting Vegeta I have DB1 enhanced and DBPro Patch 3, I don't mind comiling if you upload it somewhere then email me a link. Don't email the files straight to me unless they are less than 500k, I've a slow connection and it'll hang my outlook

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2003 18:37
hehee its oki KG... i got DarkMatter in the post today (thank god) - but the bloody postman decided to drop half of it in a wet patch in the porch.
I've spent half the day drying out my moms books, one is completely ruined but i've saved the rest - i hate the half ass'd service that Royal Mail has.

i've spent the past hour debugging my code cause there appear to be alot of errors, but mainly those that i catch when i compile each section - might throw together a new world format whilst i'm actually working on the animator again.

which is a point - right now i'm using complete shortcut keys (basically to save on graphic development hehee) so i've got a very trueSpace-ish veiw for the animator.
But i was thinking perhaps i could spruse it up a lil before i sent it to be compiled (which i'm greatful both of you have offer'd you DBpro services cause i didn't get Pro in the package niether my new Terry Pratchet book )

i know that looks off, i'm afraid this is just a mock up of what i want it to look like - should get on deving it later tonite, unless the Zelda debugging really takes that long

plus i knew that too Raps - probably about the only thing i did know. I'm not really a guru on Zelda, i just loved playing them is all ... and playing the N64 ones recently made me relise that there is a definate lack of this style of game on the PC

well lemme know what you think about the test shot above, before anyone goes (hey that Milkshape or Max) - i know that they're GUIs are the most prefered and its shouldn't be too hard to recreate that in DBpro quickly.

Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2003 19:33
Um, dumb question #638:
Is there suppost to be a model shown there or are you just showing the program?

This is Truth!
This is my Belief!
...at least for now.
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2003 21:57
Weeeeelllllllll....

Aparrently, Wind Waker is set in the "lost years" in OoT, ie from child to adult.

Visit [url]www.lightning-systems.co.uk[/url]
You are the th person to view this signature.
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2003 23:22
I have extensively played Windwalker, but unf my Japnese is far from perfect, so I have little understanding of plot

Vegeta: That looks more similar to Milkshape than Max, which imho is a good thing Its an obvious point, which I'm sure you've already thought of but the views need to be user selectable on the fly and also be able to be maximised and minimised back to the 4 view perspective easily. Also the 3d view needs to be usable by just clicking in it and dragging. I personally feel Milkshape handles those issues a lot better than Max's half-assed attempt at user-friendliness

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2003 02:25
well max never was a user friendly program ... but then again it never has tried to pretend to be there for the uninitiated

i'll be working on the Render Window Classes in a sec (i say classes but its more like an eleborate function with global arrays and private types )

was thinking of actually making a pretty Milkshape-ish clone.

the 3D Veiw however right now i'm unsure which route to go, have selectable buttons - or have it a movement only.

something i do REALLY prefer in Max over Milkshape is the abilitiy to edit in the 3D window ... perhaps i could shove that in the options menu thou

i mean i'm going to make it so that the veiws refresh similtaneously however you can only edit in one at a time - so once the mouse is clicked in it, you're commited to that window so to speak. But thats just common practise for render frames.

once think you'll notice from max is the roll out menus.
i don't expect them to get AS cluttered as max, but it helps not to have to scroll alot.

however once i'm done that "todo" bar will probably have icons on there ... but i think i'll make that selectable from the rollout sidebar and the trueSpace iconbar

i'm still not sure howto achieve the animation stuff - but as DBO is released in a few days i think i have time to think about a few things.

anything in particular you'd like to see i'll see about planning it out. i'm gonna work full wack on this tommorrow and have the basic version ready for compiling - which i'll upload for you to do (if you don't mind)
can also test it out lemme know what is like for ya hehee

next thing to actually plan is a native model format

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 21:17:05
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 21:17:05