Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Will FPSC have/support Fog?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I meant to ask this before - will FPSC have fog (or smoke, etc.) capabilities?

THX!
npsken
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2004 06:08
FPSC will support smoke / particle effects, but I'm not sure about fog.

- Ken Powers

What's a sig?
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2004 06:27 Edited at: 23rd Dec 2004 06:27
No fog from what I've seen.

Get 15 new commands, all the date / time commands left out of DBPro for free!
DOWNLOAD PLUGINS HERE: http://www.davidtattersall.me.uk/ and select "DarkBasic"
Cloud of Crows Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "No fog from what I've seen."

No volumetric fog then... shame

(TGC if you guys are actually reading these posts please consider implementing this in a future release!)

Thx for the info!
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2004 18:21
Apparently there is fog - sorry Won't be volumetric tough. DBPro can't support that yet.

Cloud of Crows Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Apparently there is fog - sorry Won't be volumetric tough. DBPro can't support that yet."

Oh well that's a little good news then

Thanks St David!

Are you a beta tester or are you just gleaning this info from stuff TGC has talked about? (IRC, forums, FPSC insider, etc.)
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2004 01:54
Beta. Although I can't tell you anything nice (not sure even if I was allowed to say there was fog ).

Cloud of Crows Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Beta. Although I can't tell you anything nice (not sure even if I was allowed to say there was fog "

Oh o.k. - well thank you very much! I know you guys are bound by the NDA, but I do appreciate anyone some giving feedback about FPSC...

Unfortunately I have asked several questions here on the forum and few have been answered I know Richard and Lee are up to thier eyeballs in work right now (especially as the software enters the final stage), so anything they will allow you and the other beta testers to answer is very much appreciated.

A lot of folks who visit everyday (like me) are really anticipating using this to produce a viable FPS game for sale so naturally we are sharply focused on what the product will and won't do...

Thanks again
Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2004 09:56
The best way to think about it is that FPSC's graphics and featureset are roughly on par with Quake 2 / 3, at least as far as the EA release is concerned, with the addition of custom AI through FPI scripts.

If Lee integrates the physics system that TGC have licensed for the boxed version (as mentioned in the chat on Dec 23rd), then it is likely that the creative possibilities will be vastly expanded.

BlueGUI:Windows UI Plugin - All the power of the windows interface in your DBPro games.
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2004 18:35
Quote: "A lot of folks who visit everyday (like me) are really anticipating using this to produce a viable FPS game for sale so naturally we are sharply focused on what the product will and won't do..."

I would hold back that judegement until you've used it for quite a while and fully got used to it.

Even creating some of the demo maps youve seen takes quite a while - you won't be spared all the work

Cloud of Crows Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I would hold back that judegement until you've used it for quite a while and fully got used to it.

Even creating some of the demo maps youve seen takes quite a while - you won't be spared all the work "

Ewww... not a glowing endorsement. Well I will as you say reserve judgement until I've worked with the engine. I'm really not capable at programming so I'm hoping that I can bring my artistic, modeling and storytelling skills such as they are to FPSC to create a worthwile game. Obviously I'm not deluding myself into thinking that FPSC will produce another HALO, Far Cry, or Doom 3 next generation game, but if it will at some point within this next year be on par with Half-Life or Quake 2/3 then a very good game could be produced.

I'm of the camp that a great story and good art can beat 3D bells & whistles any day. Of course that presumes that FPSC will even allow a great story to be told or display good art... :/
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2004 00:52
Quote: "Ewww... not a glowing endorsement"

It was a sensible statement - what often happens with this sort of thing is you see the screens and convince youself that it's as easy as a couple of clicks to get the incredible effects shown.

It is very easy to use, yet at the same time it does require a bit of effort to create the perfect, sellable game.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 20:44:11
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 20:44:11