Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Creator - X-file world Editor

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2003 23:31
ok, this is a looong way off at the moment, the idea is to build a free DB-Specific Level Editor that's not another matrix editor.

FYI: its built in VB using the revolution3d (http://www.revolution3d.net) graphics engine which runs off DX8.
i'll post a full intended feature list when i find it again, but in the meantime, this is as far as i've got, it has full camera control and can build a box in 4 clicks!

enjoy the screeny!

Manic
I don't have a sig, live with it.
Manic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2003 18:47
well, i'm glad it was so well recieved... :/

anyway, heres an update showing textures, Camera control,mousepicking and object translation

the red box at the front is the currently selected object.

Manic

Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2003 19:40
How about lighting?

This is Truth!
This is my Belief!
...at least for now.
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2003 23:00
This looks to be coming on well I like the interface

UberTuba
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2003 23:25
The thing that level editors need most is help. A level editor, however good is not worth buying if u can't use it,especially if it is complicated

Life is a terminal disease.
You never survive it.
Manic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2003 00:35
don't worry about buying it darkfluff, its going to be free, and its pretty easy to use (although i would say that, i'm building it). I'll try to make some proper help for it before release.

arrow: yeah at the moment i can only think how to make it as DB lights, but i'm thinking hard on how to make a lightmapping system, but its a bit hard.

I'm thinking of adding 2D view to make being precise a bit easier. Prefabs and entities will also be added in (although the entities will need to be coded by you in DB-more on that later)
oh also, it will have its own scripting engine so you can make scripted scenes (like half-life)

Manic

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 05:46:48
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 05:46:48