Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Can you make a city?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2004 10:01
Can you make a city with FPSC?

Can’t you make city by making one large room with a sky and invisible walls or buildings surrounding the edge of the walls? But you wouldn’t be able to do this if there aren’t any building models. Witch would stink

"One duck. One shot. One kill"
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2004 16:54
Technically you could - to make it real you'd need a lot of patience to place all those windows

Get 15 new commands, all the date / time commands left out of DBPro for free!
DOWNLOAD PLUGINS HERE: http://www.davidtattersall.me.uk/ and select "DarkBasic"
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2004 22:48
A grid style city should be possible, you could even have kirbs, and all the necessary 'furniture' (things like burnt out cars for instance will be supplied with FPSC). I'm not sure if you could have moving vehicles or pedestrians though.

Van-B

It's c**p being the only coder in the village.
Cloud of Crows Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Technically you could - to make it real you'd need a lot of patience to place all those windows"

Is there a prefab editor built in so that you could build a tall cube and place windows/doors on it and save it as a building?

Does the program have any built in primitives anywhere - in the level editor, in prefab editor, etc.?

Quote: "I'm not sure if you could have moving vehicles or pedestrians though."

So no script support yet for moving objects around? (i.e. half-life rail cars)

Thanks guys!
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2004 05:03
Don't know about waypoints for maving cars?

You can make prefabs.

Get 15 new commands, all the date / time commands left out of DBPro for free!
DOWNLOAD PLUGINS HERE: http://www.davidtattersall.me.uk/ and select "DarkBasic"
MaddA ChieF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2004 07:06
Hey thanks a lot for answering my qustion!

[quote]Don't know about waypoints for maving cars?
That would be awesome if you could.

Also, what is a prefab??

"One duck. One shot. One kill"
Anime civil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2005 06:53
You could have cars or pedestrians, you jsut neef the animated models, and some good programming added to it. What I usualy do is i create invisible objects, that are arrows basically, And there is about 20 different objects with different actions. Let's say I put one that when a pedestrian goes on collision with it, the pedestrian goes left or right. When the pedestrian goes on collision with it, he randomly chooses left or right that he can go to, which makes it look like "AI", and the arrow invisible object dissapears for a while so other pedestrians do not get affected by it and to make it look more advanced . Though I never tried this in FPSC so not sure if this could work in it.

Animecivil
Cloud of Crows Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
O.k. Animecivil what we are trying to do is determine what you can do *WITH* FPSC. We get that you can program anything you like.

Really many of us want to know what the program will do by itself. If I want to program something then sure I'll look to Darkbasic or some other programming language, but I prefer to stick with what FPSC will allow me to do with internal scripting and commands.
SoulMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2005 11:09
Animecivil is trying to determine if he can do the same things with the scripting.

While trying to guess what the program can do, I don't think that will do us any good. We will have to wait for it to actually come out to see what it can really do.
SoulMan

This is as backwards as is This

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 13:33:50
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 13:33:50