Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / EZ Serv 1.0

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Little confused about what this actually is. Is it just a game lobby or could i make it do something more useful. If i was to make say a online card game where i wanted the cards to be delt to clients from a server could this handle it or would i have to have two server apps running.
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2004 22:00 Edited at: 29th Dec 2004 02:36
currently it is a simple server app that manages connections and logins, and allows you to direct messages from clients to any or all other clients, including your own protocol stub names and their accompanying data messages. At the moment there is not a way for you to have the server be in charge of the game logic. You could have a "special" client that handles your card game logic for the other "regular" clients, however. Future additions to this application may include scriptable features like this. Currently EZS is only scriptable in that you can manipulate the protcol names, the data, and the message destinations. With some clever client programming (eg a client that has a "dealer" vs. "player" mode) you can do what you want. There are a few people making different types of demos using EZ_Serv, maybe someone will have something similar to what youre looking for. I am working on some demos as well.

SAnTA
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry about my first post, it sounded kinda negative. EZServ looks very nice... any plans for a demo version? Perhaps with a limited number of conections?
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2005 03:31
yes. I am currently adding some new cool features for version 1.1 Once thats done I will make a trial version. Thanks

SAnTA
Years of Service
User Offline
whoopie, well i shall wait and have a play with the trial skint until end of month anyway after all that christmas beer. One last question, i assume ya gonna do same as most plugin creators and make updates available free?
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2005 22:34
yes, once you purchase the app any updates are free

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 08:13:05
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 08:13:05